Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to fire up the fog machine today and see how everything works with the timer and the new cauldron setup. I've always emptied my fog machines at the end of the season but never really cleaned them out. This one is brand new and I was wondering if I could test it out today and then leave the fog fluid in the machine until Halloween so I don't have to empty anything out. What's everyone's opinion on this?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't think I've ever emptied my fog machines, and they are still working great 6yrs later,lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
I left the fluid in all 3 of my foggers from last year. Two had some boogers visible in the tanks so I dumped the fluid out before trying them last week. When I did try them out one worked for one cycle then clogged up. i had to take it apart disconnect the tube from the pump and let it pump clean juice thru . a bunch of brown goop came out then it started pumping Ok. Now mind you I'm using spirit crap fog juice and discount store foggers bought at the end of the season for 5-7 bucks so I wouldn't really be out anything if one did crap out on me. Prior to last year I emptied them and ran distilled water thru them and then i read that that might cause the pumps to lock up as the fog juice lubricated the pump workings. So I've done it both ways with equal results.
I think it should be fine to leave the fluid in till you need them this year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think I complteley drain mine either. I know I leave mine filled until after Halloween, and use them primarly the first 2 weekends of the month when i do the Halloween camping trip.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have left one full from last year. Stored in AC with some variant of Froggy's in it. I have tested it a couple of times here in the past two weeks and it works just fine (knock on wood). I have heard both schools of thought regarding storing dry or wet and I personally believe it doesn't matter just so long as you've used a good fog solution and stored the machine in a climate-controlled environment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've never emptied my fog machines either, I use cheap fog juice from Walmart and never had an issue. One difference maybe, is that I don't store them where they might freeze.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Leaving juice in it for a few days won't hurt anything. I empty my after the season, but it usually sits with juice in for at least a week every year. It's 6 years old and is going strong.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I leave them filled all year, but I like to run mine every few months to keep everything clear. Only have to do it for a little bit, and I get to enjoy the aroma of stage fog at times other than Halloween.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Update. After following all the instructions and cleaning out my machine last year, I filled up the machine this year and nothing. Not even a little puff of smoke. I was so mad.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Those of you that do empty your machines, do you toss the fluid or try to put it back in the bottle?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Warning: Stupid question coming up.

What is the point of running distilled water and/or vinegar through the lines if you turn around and immediately run some fog solution back through the lines and leave it there?

·
Registered
234 Posts
The cleaning solution clears out gunk in the lines, pump and heater core left over from repeated use. Fog solution is safe to keep in the machine. The cleaning solution is not. I know from experience!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts