Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! Just a quick note to let you know I'm doing a feature series on Laurie Franklin, our own Lauriebeast, on my Blog this week. If you would learn more about Laurie's amazing fast-track into the world of sculpting stop by the House of Shadows: House of Shadows.net

A

·
0 Posts
I've been following your blog MT ... wonderful work. It's nice to get to know more about our fellow haunters ... Laurie is a great choice ... I've wondered how she got her start! Thanks for sharing Laurie ... and MT for posting! :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I really like your blog. I am glad you posted this. I had just posted somewhere else about wanting to try sculpting and after reading your interview I think I will.

So thank you I think.:D

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
MT, was waiting for the interview to happen after the zombie hoard invaded and assumed control of Lauries computer and caused the first go-round glich. Heading over to catch up now!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Cool Blog.

Laurie lives a ways, but not that far from our home. I found here address in the white pages and we will try to plan a trip in that direction next year around H'ween. Thanks!

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your supportive comments. This is my first venture into Blogging and working with web pages so I'm learning along the way. Your feedback helps encourage me.

I will be posting more information tomorrow, but I want to let you all know that Laurie lives very close to the fire line in California. They are packed and ready to leave at a moments notice if necessary; however, she said the winds have died down. Please keep Laurie and Chuck in your thoughts and prayers. So many people around them have lost their homes. Let's hope and pray Laurie, her family and all her beasties stay out of harms way.

By the way, there is someone lurking on this forum who has been very instrumental to building Laurie's confidence and skills as a sculptor. Perhaps we should make a game out of seeing how long it takes you to find him. I know the answer and will sell it for the right price....

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts

By the way, there is someone lurking on this forum who has been very instrumental to building Laurie's confidence and skills as a sculptor. Perhaps we should make a game out of seeing how long it takes you to find him. I know the answer and will sell it for the right price....

I would venture to say that I see him online right now. :)

I will keep Laurie and her family in my thoughts. That would definitely be a scary situation!

·
Maniacal Imagineer
1,746 Posts
Very well done Madame Turlock!
Laurie is probably the most talented person I have ever met. I wish that everyone could experience her home all decorated for Halloween, or any other holiday for that matter. She has a zest for life that comes through in her art as well as her personality. I have the honor of displaying two of her works in my home but am equaly honored to call her my friend.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very well done Madame Turlock!
Laurie is probably the most talented person I have ever met. I wish that everyone could experience her home all decorated for Halloween, or any other holiday for that matter. She has a zest for life that comes through in her art as well as her personality. I have the honor of displaying two of her works in my home but am equaly honored to call her my friend.
Spookineer, I'm so glad you brought up the subject of Count Jackula. I have been wanting to ask you about doing a feature on him after the first of the year. So wadda u say?

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you so much, everyone, from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate the kind words and well wishes. And thank you Madame, for including me as one of your spotlight artists. I'm honored and grateful.
The pleasure is all mine Laurie. There is a method to my madness. When I was in college everyone used to laugh at me for typing my notes for accounting exams. Yes, I said typing but at least they were "electric" typewriters by my college days (giggle). I find that the process of using my hands to write while I think is a great learning tool for me. I think it's because of the years and "hours" I spent focusing on music. I played the violin and viola for 40+ years. Music performance requires the use of both sides of your brain at the same time and it seems to be a very deeply ingrained learning process for me. So I don't know, do you think that qualifies me as bi-polar?

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd be all too happy to show off more of Lauries work!
Dear Mr. Spookineer. I believe you played a significant role in bringing the Count to life. So I would be more than happy to also feature your special talents as well. I will let you focus on the other big holiday season and then I'll be in touch. Oh by the way, there is something else that will be special about doing a feature on your work. You were the first one to welcome me to the forum. :) There are some things a girl never forgets.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts