Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks.

I have an idea I've been bouncing around for awhile now, and I'm not sure it will work. I thought I'd get some feedback around here.

I love the look of the latexed stretchy spider webs that Terror Syndicate uses for corpsing, aging and distressing. I'm wanting to use the technique, but I can't be flinging wet latex and webs around the house for a party. So here's what I was thinking-

Buy carpet latex and webs, and a roll of high test fishing line. In the backyard, pull out lengths of fishing line like a drying line, dozens of them.
Then cover the stretchy webs with latex and drape them all along the fishing line.

Once that is dry, hang the fishing line sections in sagging lengths all over the house.

Would this work? Would the webs need painting, dusting or both after drying?

Is there another way to prepare latexed webbing and then apply it later? Can clumps of the stuff be draped over items after it is dry without harming the object or sticking to it?

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
I like your idea a lot and I think it could work. On Boogedy, I did a lot of hanging spider webbing 'threads' and it looks great. Oh, not sure about using carpet latex but at least using regular latex should look great. Here's a picture of Boogedy:

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, Terra.

Only just now found your response (five years later? Eh, better late than never!).
Thanks for that, Boogedy is cool!

Never did manage to find the time to try the stretchy webs. I am thinking of something similar, if I want just tendrils of ickiness hanging off of picture frames, lamps, etc. I'm considering ripped-up, ragged cheesecloth and latex paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts