Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These Latex Barnacles from John Hart of San Diego FX Studio are a must for any pirate-themed haunt.

Each sheet measures 7" x 9.5"and can be easily cut up for easy application to a mask, costume, or prop.

The instructions say to use contact cement, liquid latex, or fabric adhesive. John also recommends using hot glue.

You can purchase these on eBay at CottageEmporiums for $12 a sheet. John also has foam latex mussels available on the same site.

I purchased two sheets and am happy with the quality. I will use these to enhance my faux pilings.

·
2,621 Posts
I used those barnacles on my treasure chest and pilings :)
John lives about ten minutes from me and is a very cool guy !
He does some amazing stuff ! :)

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
Those look great! I think I might have to try my hand at adding some "Sea life" to my pirate props....:D!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Latex foam mussles

These Latex Barnacles from John Hart of San Diego FX Studio are a must for any pirate-themed haunt.

Each sheet measures 7" x 9.5"and can be easily cut up for easy application to a mask, costume, or prop.

The instructions say to use contact cement, liquid latex, or fabric adhesive. John also recommends using hot glue.

You can purchase these on eBay at CottageEmporiums for $12 a sheet. John also has foam latex mussels available on the same site.

I purchased two sheets and am happy with the quality. I will use these to enhance my faux pilings.

Hello! I realize this thread is a little old, but am hoping the originators can tell me if John Hart is still in business, or where I might be able to find foam latex mussels. My daughter wants a water goddess costume -- I've decided a water goddess/warrior would be more fun. I have found webbed ears and latex barnacles, but not mussels. I want to use mussel clusters on the back and/or shoulders, as a type of armor. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been searching the internet all afternoon, including eBay. Haven't found anything. Lots of barnacle though. :) I've seen an idea of how to make mussels with felt, so I might try that if I don't find the other. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts