Halloween Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this comes off as bragging...but I'm just so excited about the luck I had in obtaining these the other night! Scores like this NEVER happen to me!

A dear childhood friend of mine alerted me to a lot of mannequins in a dumpster outside our regional mall when she was there. It was already 8:00pm, and I live close to 35 minutes away from the area, but I had to head out there to see if I could grab them before someone else did.

I arrived and saw them just stacked in a couple of dumpsters. Not wanting to get into trouble because it was after-hours and the mall was closed, I called their security to let them know that I wanted to retrieve the mannequins. The gentleman I talked to on the phone came out to where the dumpsters were to talk to me. He let me know that normally there is a 72-hour buffer for anyone to grab stuff like this from the dumpsters, but since he witnessed them throwing them out from a store that was being vacated, he felt it was safe for me to grab them now. Woot!

Ended up with about 14 mannequins and a couple of upper torsos. The heads are a bit weird, being flat at the top where the eyes should be, but I can still work with them. I also grabbed all the metal bases for them while I was there. Such a huge score, considering how much mannequins go for these days!

Hood Trunk Fawn Cuisine Auto part

Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle door Vehicle

Sculpture Animal product Art Wood Statue

Typical Ghoul Next Door
SO JEALOUS.

That is a spectacular score!! VERY smart you grabbed all the bases as those tended to be harder to come by when I hunted manniquins on craigslist and FB marketplace a few years ago for some strange reason.

Registered
Thankfully you made it home alright with them. I can only imagine if your suv door came open and they spilled out on the roadway what the tv news story would have been! What a haul you managed there, congrats. Smart move being honest and talking to security, otherwise you might have ended up in the clinker, with a jail cell full of mannequin cellmates, accused of stealing them lol, and we might have posted about a news story we heard about of someone dumpster diving hordes of mannequins for halloween. Much nicer outcome!

Premium Member
I apologize if this comes off as bragging...but I'm just so excited about the luck I had in obtaining these the other night! Scores like this NEVER happen to me!

A dear childhood friend of mine alerted me to a lot of mannequins in a dumpster outside our regional mall when she was there. It was already 8:00pm, and I live close to 35 minutes away from the area, but I had to head out there to see if I could grab them before someone else did.

I arrived and saw them just stacked in a couple of dumpsters. Not wanting to get into trouble because it was after-hours and the mall was closed, I called their security to let them know that I wanted to retrieve the mannequins. The gentleman I talked to on the phone came out to where the dumpsters were to talk to me. He let me know that normally there is a 72-hour buffer for anyone to grab stuff like this from the dumpsters, but since he witnessed them throwing them out from a store that was being vacated, he felt it was safe for me to grab them now. Woot!

Ended up with about 14 mannequins and a couple of upper torsos. The heads are a bit weird, being flat at the top where the eyes should be, but I can still work with them. I also grabbed all the metal bases for them while I was there. Such a huge score, considering how much mannequins go for these days!

View attachment 760711

View attachment 760712

View attachment 760713
Most excellent score but now all I can hear is Kraftwerk

Registered

View attachment 760711

View attachment 760712

View attachment 760713
I鈥檓 in awe of your storage space lol! What are you going to do with all of them? Please post pics of your haunt with these, I鈥檇 like to see the end result. Congratulations! And way to go- you are also keeping the earth greener!

Registered
Wow! Great score! I decided to put the costume I wore last year on a mannequin this year to freak people out (only my eyes were visible) and animate the head. I would have totally gone with you to score one ha ha! Thank goodness you didn鈥檛 get pulled over!

Can鈥檛 wait to see what you come up with for these. So many possibilities! Would it be wrong to dress them and hide them all over the house to freak out your family? Might skip having one looking in the window although the screams would be hilarious (until you got whacked in the head with the closest blunt object.)

Registered

View attachment 760711

View attachment 760712

View attachment 760713
Oh wow!! What a great score, I would seriously do a Silent Hill nurse scene with those.
Congratulations!!

Registered

View attachment 760711

View attachment 760712

View attachment 760713
Absolutely awesome! Great! I made an excited lol.

Registered

I arrived and saw them just stacked in a couple of dumpsters. Not wanting to get into trouble because it was after-hours and the mall was closed, I called their security to let them know that I wanted to retrieve the mannequins. The gentleman I talked to on the phone came out to where the dumpsters were to talk to me. He let me know that normally there is a 72-hour buffer for anyon

View attachment 760711

View attachment 760712

View attachment 760713
e to grab stuff like this from the dumpsters, but since he witnessed them throwing them out from a store that was being vacated, he felt it was safe for me to grab them now. Woot!

View attachment 760711

View attachment 760712

View attachment 760713

View attachment 760711

View attachment 760712

View attachment 760713
Don't apologise! sure we all secretly wish it was us but we can live vicariously through your excitement of such a find! it gets us thinking of of projects and maybe future cool finds of our own. The flat heads are interesting, maybe in need of a brain? You could have quite a herd of zombies! congrats!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts