Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
The Haunting Girl
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last year I used the off-brand Go-Pro my husband had to record most of the ToTs coming to my door. It was pretty awesome and I did get to see the one kid I had originally missed that actually ran away! I do plan on using it again this year, but I really want something better. My main problem is that the camera only records about 2 hours of footage before the battery dies/card runs out of space. As far as I can tell there is no way of hooking it up to run and record all night.

I did stumble across my husband's webcam this year and I'm wondering if it would be possible to set that up instead. My two main problems are that there is zero power in my main hallway (I can run an extension cord if I have any left), and that the camera is not wireless. The cable is painfully short and the extension for it is just as bad. In total, it might be around 4 feet long... I understand it has to be hooked up to my laptop and I'm not looking to stream live or anything. I'd just like to record what goes on. I've never used a webcam before, so there's going to be a bit of a learning curve for me...

Thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts