Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a secondhand fog machine recently, tested it and it seems to work fine :) I want to set it up on my landing upstairs tomorrow night (possibly with a chiller but that remains to be seen) but it's carpeted up there. The machine seems to get pretty hot. Can I just stand it on a box or something?

Also, does anyone know if timers for fog machines tend to be universal? The only timer that's being sold near me is for a Chauvet and my fogger is a different brand (can't remember which off the top of my head). There's no picture of the connector on the site selling the timer (I'm in the UK btw hence the lack of options). Should I risk it or will it probably not fit?

·
Registered
355 Posts
To my knowledge Chauvet foggers have their own proprietary timers, which do not work on other foggers, nor do other timers work on Chauvet. If the plug on the back of you fogger looks like a three pronged computer power plug, and the universal timer has the same thing, then chances are it will work. I have a few of those timers, and they've worked on everything they've fit. As for setting it up on a box, I'd set it on a piece of plywood or something of that nature. Keep in mind, the fog solution tends to leave a film, so you don't want it shooting out directly on to something. As for the fog rolling across the carpet, that should be fine, although I've not used one indoors. I do know they will set off smoke detectors. I tested one out indoors a few weeks ago, so I know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts