Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i had a big change in my little halloween plans, and im going to be doing something i did back in the day. i was loaned a harness to hang from the roof in my porch ceiling, i never knew where or what kind of harness it was.

i want to do that this year, but i need to try to find a decent harness, as comfortable as possible, to use for the evening. i know how to set up the "noose" and all, but i what to use is eluding me.

do i use a fall arrest harness like in rock wall climbing, or what? i can add padding, but i just need an idea.

thanks all. happy haunting/

·
Registered
101 Posts
A fall arrest harness is a full body harness usually mt climbing hanesses are just a crotch harness you should be able to buy a harness at any pawn shop be carefull

·
Registered
436 Posts
We did this the first year we did a haunt on my friends 11 yr old son...but we made the harness since I do leatherwork and his mom sewed. For padding tho, go to walmart and get a blue foam camping pad, you can cut it up and wrap and duct tape where needed.
We were advised by someone who had worked at a rock climbing wall, so we used that design. But we added a big piece of leather front and back that kind of made it a torso harness, as well as the straps around the legs, this gave it more strength and made it so it didn't cut into his arms and chest as much. The camp pads can help.
Obviously, number one rule , I just have to say it-do not attach anything that goes around a throat to anything else. Even if your toes touch the ground.
We made him a necklace of rope, just a ring of rope, and a fake noose that attached to the harness only...that way he was in no danger at all, plus we had a panic snap on the harness and rope too, so in a problem, it was a quick release. You can get them at tractor supply, I recommend one. Worked great.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
One word of caution... I'd recommend more of a sit-on harness than a sit or fall arrest harness. Hanging immobile in a harness that goes around the legs for long periods of time can be dangerous due to harness hang syndrome. This is usually something that occurs if you're knocked out but it can also happen from just hanging around not moving.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you know any hunters check with them. If they ever bought a tree stand they would have one unless they have gotten rid of it because all stands come with one...

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Definately leave enough slack to the rope to LAY at groung level... and then some in case of malfunction. You should make a break-away point to make it look taunt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts