Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to knock off a last minute crawling zombie. The kids are working on the RC elements, I can't seem to get the wiper motors to run.

I have a black wire - so assume ground, but have also tested with body of motor as ground.

The motors are from a Honda, model 76500-sv4-a01.

My wire colors are Black, green/black, blue, blue/white, blue/yellow. I know these are some combination of ground, low, high and intermittent.

With the black connected to my new full charge 12v lead acid battery, I get nothing, but if I touch blue white I get a spark.

The motors turns by hand, but they are older, I opened them up and there is rust inside, but connections look good and brushes are contacting and armature is bright etc...

I would believe one might be bad, but the odds of grabbing two that have failed I think are less likely, so more likely a user error...

Any advice appreciated...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out, apparently green/black is ground (and blue is low and blue/yellow high speed) - now on to figuring out the armature geometry....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I have the motors figured out and my RC as well, but am struggling with the mechanical connections.

My Zombie seems to be making the right motion, but the lift and move motion is too weak - the throw at the elbow is too small so he writhes more than moves...

Possible culprits are slop in the motor to arm joint, suboptimal angles or dimensions. I saw from the youtube videos that the upper arm is bent down after the wooden joint which I have done and I have that hole in the wood in line with the motor axle as well...

I may try the mkIII version from the video with the two bar arm to see if I get any gains there tonight, but as time is of the essence, I thought I would ask if anyone has any pictures or dimensions of theirs(?) I can afford only a few more hours on this so any help would be appreciated,

thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts