Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well that's right everybody, seems that when Wes Craven pimps out his films he leaves no rock unturned, not only did he allow Hills to be remade, Nightmare on the way but now Last House as well! saw the trailer last night when I saw Unborn. so whats everyone's thoughts on this? Discuss.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not only that Johnny, but looking at the raw and disturbing footage from the original why would you want to remake it?! how could you? there is no way to duplicate it in this day and age. not one of my fav films by all means, but it set a tone and was very cutting edge when it cam out, for sure put Wes on the map, not sure why he would do this other than $$$$. whats next, a remake of Scream?! LOL

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I heard about this a while ago, I think it was on UHM site where I discovered this.
I am very against it, as Mr Frost has said, the original was so horrific with it's controversial and very detailed footage. There is no way it could be topped without it being a real snuff!

I don't like to call films out as crap before I've even seen them, but this is an exception!! I think it's just going to be gore, gore, gore with no real tension or satisfaction for 'real' horror fans. though most likely a hit with it's target audience.:(

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
not only that Johnny, but looking at the raw and disturbing footage from the original why would you want to remake it?! how could you? there is no way to duplicate it in this day and age. not one of my fav films by all means, but it set a tone and was very cutting edge when it cam out, for sure put Wes on the map, not sure why he would do this other than $$$$. whats next, a remake of Scream?! LOL
No, just Scream 4.....seriously. I'm getting sick of all these remakes, can no one in Hollywood be creative anymore?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262416/

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
No, just Scream 4.....seriously. I'm getting sick of all these remakes, can no one in Hollywood be creative anymore?

Scream 4 (2010)

:eek: Woah...this was supposedly in talks YEARS ago, and Craven himself dismissed it, didn't he? Our poor Wes Craven seems to be (as much as it pains me to say, as the man is my favourite director and a legend) selling out........
:(

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yah I have thought Scream 4 was on a shelf somewhere, but i can say that i am not suprised that its in the works. it would seem that we are all on the same page here about these poor re-makes, but sadly to say i'm sure I'll still see them. lol!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
OK, so I watched the trailer for Last House 2009.........
If you have seen the trailer, or if you are to watch it right now......you have no need to watch the film, because the trailer has shown almost everything. :confused: Not very smart advertising in my opinion.

It looks very modern, it is extremely different from the original, very modernised for a teenage audience.......which is what I expected. I think I will be giving it a miss. May watch it when it comes to TV, just for the sake of watching a film, but I am not going to pay to go and watch in cinemas, no way on earth!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well broke down and saw this today, save your money people and see something worth your $$$. Watchmen perhaps :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts