Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a vortex that i bought off of Kirt from this site....Nicely made....my question...is when im trying to set it up when i have fog going to it....you can see three prongs of light turning....it is not completely a vortex...i have messed with the laser and mirror but cant get it right...can someone point me in the right direction....when i point the unit at the wall it is not a complete cirecle of light....it is choppy....im guessing it needs to be a solid circel for it to be right....if that is the case do i need more of less angle on the mirror? thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like you need less. If your getting choppy lines, it's possible the laser isn't "touching" the mirror in those spots causing an incomplete, or broken up circle.

okay, so I re-read your post. You should start with the laser pointed directly at the center of your mirror. That should create a vortex. If it works properly, then you can 'walk' the laser out from center to increase the size of the vortex (or adjust the mirror equivalently). Once your vortex becomes 'broken' then you've gone out too far.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.. I will give it a try.. If it it aimed at a wall.. The circle is not complete.. There are breaks in the circle..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried...but there are still breaks on the circle if im pointing it on a wall....i assume it is supposed to be solid....any other ideas?? thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
I tried...but there are still breaks on the circle if im pointing it on a wall....i assume it is supposed to be solid....any other ideas?? thanks
It sounds like the laser is moving outside the edge of the mirror. Either that or there is a short or power supply problem causing the laser to pulse?
is it a steady beam coming out of the laser?

Pete

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi..thanks...actually Kirt who i bought the unit from said it was likely a power supply issue...he is sending me out a new unit..thanks for the help....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi.. I got the power supply worked out now.. Now I have another question.. How can you narrow the cone down.. I have a side yard I enclosed in plywood.. I want people to walk down the tunnel towards the vortex.. The laser is a the end.. When I project it the circle gets broke like 6 feet from the laser.. And it does not look right.. Any ideas? Thx

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure how your vortex was built and what adjustments can be made. That being said, you should be able to adjust your vortex cone size by adjusting the angle of the laser shining on the mirror. laservortex.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts