Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this cute green frog at GW and want to use it for a special project. I don't want it to be so cutesy, but it will be for kids so no gore or stuff. I just want to sort of Halloween it up some to look like something a witch might use. Any ideas? Here are a few photos of it. If you suggest painting, be sure to mention what type of paint. Remember, I am not very crafty and need details. LOL

Front view:
frog game front.JPG

Back view:
frog game back.JPG

Side view: Sorry about the tape--this was before I bought it.
frog game side.JPG

I am not even sure what it is. LOL Maybe a small sand box????

The top comes off and when it is on the frog there is a wide opening across the top under the eyes where things can be inserted

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,044 Posts
If it's plastic the Krylon spray paint for plastic will work to paint it. Or you can do like I do & obsessively use Killz spray on everything THEN paint it.

As for painting, it needs to be a darker green, give him some bloodshot eyes, a long tongue & some sharp teeth.

Here are some Stolloween mache frogs for inspiration:

http://www.stolloween.com/?page_id=2391

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I don't know what you have planned but I would just add eyes and fill the frog with gummy bugs then make the kids reach into the opening for their treat. Tell them froggy was very hungry today :)

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure yet! It was too cute not to pick up!!!

I just looked it up and it is a Boon brand and evidently a thing that you put bath tub toys in and the holes on it let them drain and dry. A new one on e-bay is almost $60!!!! Wow! It is called a bath scoop.

Okay feeling better about what this is going to be used for (sort of an idea for my daughter). It sells for around $20 to $30 on other sites. I just paid $4 for it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I've got two young kiddos - I recognized what that was right away! LOL! Depending on what you do with him, it might be neat to attach some wheels to the bottom and a long pole with a handle so that kids could push him around like a rolling toy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts