Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this Large pumpkin carriage that I made out of Styrofoam a few years back which I was growing tired of displaying. So I had been toying with the idea of altering it and just making it a large jack-o-lantern or a large Pumpkinrot style prop. Last year I asked what everyone thought I should do. The response was in favor of keeping it a carriage. So I did keep it the same last year. This year I decided to change it. So here are some pics of what it looked like as a carriage and where I am with it now after some alterations. It isn't complete yet. I have a little work to do on it still, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion and/or suggestions on which direction to head on it now. The first two pics are what it used to look like. The last two are what it looks like now. It is about 6 ft tall (including the stem) and 6 ft wide.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
In my opinion you just can't go wrong with this pumpkin. Loved it as a carriage and as a JOL. Can totally see it as a giant pumpkin headed scarecrow or in my yard:D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am kicking around the idea of putting a strobe or LED light and a fogger inside so fog will ooze out of him. I was also thinking about a large arm and hand coming out of the ground kinda like a ground breaker. Still not sure which way I want to paint it?? I might paint the carved areas black like it has burned from the inside and spread to the outside??? Just not sure??? Suggestions are welcome.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Very creative. Looks great as it is to me. I think it would work fine with just a 150 watt bulb suspended in the middle and the back filled in. Maybe a big fake fan flame to simulate a candle. Definitely the ground breaker arm(s). Then you'll have a year to re-purpose for next year. Haha. Fantastic.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is awesome! Did you happen to make a thread about the construction process of that amazing gourd?
No. I did not do a construction thread. But I do have an album titled "pumpkin hearse progress" documenting the build on my member page. The photos are in reverse order, the first photo is the completed build and the last photos are the beginning of the build.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts