Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I work for a tour company and every year we host a party in March to drum up business from some of the local people that help us. We host it at a jail (derilict haunted building) we have access to and this year, I'm helping with the planning. We have a couple of ideas but are drawing blanks and would love some input. Here are the facts:

• Party will be outside in March in South Carolina. (Can be cold)
  • Party is in the yard of the jail.
  • There will be a lot of catered food and booze.
  • There is a guest list of about 300 people.
  • There are 40 tour guides (I'm one) that work for the company that may participate in any dress up (most of us are primadonnas).
  • There will be tour guides giving short tours of the jail during the party.
  • The owner likes the idea of painted women (airbrushed naked women) and wants them no matter what.
  • We will have our mascot in front of a backdrop to take pictures with for free.
  • There are 6 people that work in the tour office (again, I'm one) that will be required to do anything and everything to see this party is a sucess.
  • The guests work as conceirges, front desk people, tour group booking people and at visitor centers.

So a lot of these guests may enjoy ghost tours, but they might not want to participate. So these are the ideas we have:

• Zombie party; people can dress up as zombies
  • Zombie Prom; same as above but with a twist.
  • Halloween in March; people dress up in any costume they want.
  • Masquerade!; Think Phantom of the Opera
  • Mardi Gras; because that is easier (ie cheaper) then Masquerade.

I'm leaning towards Zombie/Prom.

Also (and as much as I disklike Martha Stewart) she had an invitation kit at AC Moore and Michaels that has a plaster finger in it (with a ribon to tie around the finger) and was wanting to know if there is anywhere on line where you can buy fingers in plaster in bulk (that sentence makes me laugh).

Last years party was lame. Not enough food, alcohol or things to do. It is a networking and schmoozing party, but the guides are there to answer questions and to be a source of entertainment, and we weren't. There was no theme and it was kinda boring. So this year we were wanting some umphf in the party. Games would be extreamly difficult to play, but not impossible. We do want a costume contest, so beyond that...any ideas?

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Find one of your local Pro Haunt operators and see if they would be interested in adding a second season to their business year by setting up a Pro Haunt in the jail. THEY are the experts, and would probably enjoy the extra income and exposure, especially if the Tour Guides work the Haunt so they don't have to "dig up" volunteers or temps.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because that would make sense.

Management has just ruled that it will be a Mardi Gras theme.

Thanks anyway for your help guys. Was really pushing for Zombies....

·
Registered
5 Posts
your ideas was good .. for me, much exciting in zombie prom .. its been a good idea because they were all dressed up like zombies and its much scary than others .. since zombies are just like normal but its scary still .. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts

Good to know that your management had a final decision .. i think that they chose Mardi Grass theme because its cheaper than other .. but it can make a good sense during the party ..

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think the Zombie theme is a cool one. I suggest you say to the guest to dress up as zombies, for those who want, but maybe (just trying to give some ideas) there could be some make-up artist with a workshop where he/she could apply zombie make up to people who want to thus you can "zombify" the people who are not dressed up. I'm sure this would be a hit, people often like that kind of stuff.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts

Mardi gras must help their insistance on naked painted women seem like it has more relevance :) Zombies would have been much more interesting!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts