Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband can get large 3 ft in diameter dryer drums. They are around 2- 2 1/2 ft tall... We can get several but I just don't know what to do with them.
They have many holes in them.... just like inside the dryer...

Thought about stacking 3 of them up. Put in a strobe light and a fog machine.
Then attach a motor that would 'bang' on the side of the drums..
The fog and light would come out of the holes and the motor hitting them would make quit a racket!

Just seems like there could be some great prop made out of these!!! ???

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
If you have a hill in your yard you can have kids roll down the hill in them on Halloween. If you find a use let me know I recycle 5 or 6 of them a week.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the bad thing with the tots rolling down a hill..... our haunt is inside. But that would be a lot of fun for them.
I do like the bottomless pit idea Grimshady. Maybe would could mount one of these in a wall and do the bottomless pit idea into a endless tunnel. One that would look like they would have to crawl through.

Ok, getting some good ideas. Keep them flowing !

·
Registered
79 Posts
Make a big yard snake using the drums as the body, similar to cheap plastic segmented snake toys. From a distance at night you would never see the holes in the side. Trash bags or plastic sheeting to connect the segments and make a cone tail. Making a head would be a little more difficult--maybe cut & bend a drum to look like a mouth? Martha Stewart made a porch snake out of a line of pumpkins-wasn't scary but creative and unique, it was atleast 10 feet long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts