Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few years I've seen people looking for the PMG LaboraGory Shocker Door Knocker prop for their Monster Lab (for use as a Knife Switch with a Frankenstein or another prop--basically just for looks and sound). I bought mine from BuyCostumes when they were clearing out several years ago and haven't seen them available until now. Assumed they were discontinued. In a way maybe they were. Just saw the new updated one. Seems like they've added flashing LED lights in addition to the electrical buzzing sounds when you throw the switch to show it in an ON state. Looks like the yellow light at the bottom activates as well as the orange power arrow lighting up. Still reasonably priced around $10. The older prop came with a Try Me connector, not sure about this version. Fun to "flip the switch" as a mad scientist or ask your ToTers to do so for you.

I've ordered from this site before and was happy with my purchases.

http://www.toynk.com/shocker-door-knocker-halloween-prop-decor

·
The guru is IN
1,240 Posts
I few years a ago I searched the internet for one and it took like 5 minutes to find one. I don't understand why people think they're all that rare

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Dang it!!
I bought the item off Amazon. When it arrived, it did not work on 'test'. I set it aside a little bit. (I thought the test batteries were used up.) Finally remembered to replace the batteries. When I opened the battery compartment to replace the batteries. The compartment was all rusted and corroded. It was obvious the test batteries leaked a long time ago.
I had to mail it back for a refund at my own cost. So cheapest way was $7.97. So it cost me $8 to return a $10 item. UGH
I didn't ask for a replacement, because from what I understood from the Tonyk refund policy I was out the shipping anyway. I did not want to risk same thing happening. I wrote to them and explained. I guess we'll see what they say.
I'm kind of bummed, It really looked cute. But I didn't want to throw good money after bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts