Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do for labels for your party food? I was thinking about printing out some names of food and trying to find a way to stick them on toothpicks (don't know how yet) or maybe make little self standing placeholder cards. But for the latter, I don't have much room on the table. Just trying to decide what to do and want to hear what others have done.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use card stock and print the labels out, cut, fold in half and set them them out on the table as placeholders. I have a small dining room table that quickly gets filled, so I place food around the house - in the living room on the coffee table and end tables, outside on the patio, etc. Spreading the food around also helps keep people from grouping around the dining room table.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
This would require a bit of room but, I am using skull placecard holders and printed the names on cardstock. I am only labeling the ones with clever names or that might not be identifiable. For example I am labeling Monster Brains (green rice crispy treats rolled in balls), Icy Stares, BeDeviled Eggs & Witch's Fingers. But I am not labeling the chips and dip, cut out cookies and cupcakes as they are pretty self explanatory. I like llondra's idea of spreading the food around.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the ideas, everyone. I appreciate it.

I printed up a menu of creepy specials to put on the dining room table (which is a haunted western saloon). And I put some candy and edible eyeballs in the mad scientist's lab (2nd bedroom). And I'm hoping to print up some placeholder cards tomorrow and start labelling some of the food. I decided for the various candies to just make a "halloween treats" sign for my side table in the saloon.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I did placecards for my stuff and I do give a name to everything...people really get a kick out of it.

I have pictures of them on my web site...just click on the banner below & go to the food pages, not all the ages have them (6-7 ages of food) but I know for sure they are on the "Halloween Food" page.

Muf

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've always used two sticky labels and a toothpic. I write the label on both sides and stick them back to back. It's cheap and effective. :) That and I have a BOX of labels to use up - I've had them in my posession since I was about 10, and they're still going LOL

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I don't have a photo, but I've picked up the cheap vampire fang multi packs, usually 6 for $1.99. I wash them thoroughly and place a card with the food item's creepy party name in the teeth. this can then be placed right on the plate with the food, or on the table next to it. One hint is to fold the plastic fangs closed under hot running water then plunge into cold water while holding them. This helps set them in place, since they are usually packed flat in the packaging.

Eric
________
buy easy vape vaporizer

·
Registered
249 Posts
These are from Pottery Barn. Kind of expensive, but it would be easy to do. Just buy those cheap plastic fangs like Wolfbeard suggested, but spray paint them silver. I wanted to do this this year, but just ran out of time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts