Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI...I was in my local Kroger's grocery store (in Ohio) yesterday, and they had all of their Halloween stuff marked down.

They had a 400W fog machine marked down from $35.99 to $17.99. Solution was down to $7.99.

I thought this was a decent price for a machine so I picked one up. Never thought to look for a fog machine there.

I had been looking at getting one (or 2, or 3) at some point, but hadn't really researched wattage or prices yet. My Halloween budget went to lighting and skellies this year. But from the little that I have seen, this isn't so bad of a price...? Maybe they will go lower closer to Halloween.

Its pretty basic. Has a corded remote. I figured it would serve its purpose for a newbie like me who is just starting to introduce fog into a display.

Does anyone think its worth picking up a few more at that price? Do fog machines usually drop in price after the holiday?

Thanks for any insight.

(not sure why my post posted twice, but I have the other one marked as "please delete"...if anyone knows another way to delete my duplicate post, just let me know...sorry for the confusion!!! I sure have a lot to learn here)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your story sounds identical to mine, except for a different store.

A lot depends on how you intend to use the machine. Indoors, outdoors, fogging a graveyard, surprise blasts, etc? I wanted to create a fog over my front yard, so bought a timer for it. Unfortunately, it would work for a few blasts, but then shut down for warmup again for 5 minutes or so and by then all the fog it had generated was gone.

So, depending on your use, test it in those conditions and see how it works for you and go from there. Two possible things that might strongly increase success would be the timer and good fog juice. Not sure what brand you got, but I picked up a bottle of juice when I bought mine and when I changed to Froggy's Fog Juice, the output vastly improved. If it does fall a little short of your desired effect, adding a second fogger at that price wouldn't be a bad option.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up one of those and I use froggys bog fog in it. It works great and puts out a decent amount of fog. I attached it under our wagon that I covered with a black sheet and turned our wagon into a mobile gravesite with that Bluetooth tombstone from Home Depot and small Skelton laying inside. It's fun pulling that along and hitting the fog. We get lots of compliments for being the coolest wagon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts