Halloween Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
A Happy Holiday to all...

I know it's early to mention this BUT with mail being as delayed as it has been of late it's time to start thinking about the Bloody Vampy Valentine exchange. I just learned that the original Valentine was known as lupercalia. What better way to celebrate then to exchange greetings in honor of love, vampires and wolves. I'll start a thread for soon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Happy winter holidays and Christmas to you all. Thank you everyone for all your wonderful cards. I believe I received everyone’s card that I exchanged with. I’ll post some pictures as time allows bit later.

Here’s to a healthier 2021!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season so far (as much as is possible for 2020). I wanted to say thank you to Darrellarose, Frenchgirl, Disembodiedvoice, Spookybella977, and NY Kate for the cards. They just arrived today! I really love them all and the special things that were in each :) Our post office must be operating with 1 person for the entire city.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
As usual time got away from me this year. Didn't get to make the card i had planned. BUT I have received really great cards that me and my daughter have have loved opening ! When we got them we would save them to open at night as a special "blind bag" reveal to make a big deal out them, we have so much fun with it.

We still have about 5 or 6 cards we haven't received, not sure if they are just late because of the mail/holiday or if they just aren't coming....

Special thanks for Stink and Frog, Lauralouthatswho, holly haunter and red flayer, hallowmas boo kitty, brom bonez, michael candles, got disney, Nicole, and spookybella. Thats all we've got so far and we loved each one !

1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
A thank you got out to Spookybella977 for the Christmas ghost card.

I still have 3 I'm waiting on... One I know is coming from overseas and we've had delays in the past so no worries. One I know isn't coming. Lastly one I'm not sure of yet.

·
Registered
933 Posts

Reactions: Spookybella977

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thank you all my Halloween peeps for the wonderful cards 🎃 🎄
happy new year to all and stay safe and be well 🎃🎄
looking forward to vampy exchange

Reactions: Illysium

·
Registered
403 Posts
I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I am so happy to see my cards have been arriving, I hope everyone on my list has received their card from me

Thank you so much to everyone for the cards you sent me, I love them all!

Happy New Year everyone, wishing you all the best in 2021!!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I sent out my cards weeks ago and it is sounding like some haven't arrived yet. I haven't had any returned so I don't know what is going on! I'm really sorry if yours went missing :(

·
Registered
780 Posts
I know the USPS at least in my zip code is having a heck of a time getting things to me. Currently the local Postmaster has admitted that sorting stuff is taking 2 or 3 days to get done.
That's what happens when they remove sorting machines. Normally, the letters come pre-sorted from the distribution center, in these nice trays, all in order for each route. That way the carriers just have to hand sort the flats (magazines, catalogs and such) and parcels, which is still time consuming, but if they now have to hand sort the letters, too, that's going to add a lot of time. Probably more than you wanted to know 🤣 but I was a carrier for 6 years so I feel for them!

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's what happens when they remove sorting machines. Normally, the letters come pre-sorted from the distribution center, in these nice trays, all in order for each route. That way the carriers just have to hand sort the flats (magazines, catalogs and such) and parcels, which is still time consuming, but if they now have to hand sort the letters, too, that's going to add a lot of time. Probably more than you wanted to know 🤣 but I was a carrier for 6 years so I feel for them!
I love my postal people. Dealing with the public must be atrocious, especially now. That they even smile at all anymore is amazing. I gave my delivery guy $200 for Christmas since he’s always having to bring my late night-online-retail therapy-purchases to my door 🙈

I’m also a sucker for cool stamps and snail mail penpals from around the globe.

Can you imagine if USPS was gone? Things one never thinks about.

Reactions: Ladyfrog

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Thanks to NY Kate ! Got your card yesterday. yay. Still missing a few, who knows where on the globe they are...
Happy new year everyone !!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Callyn-thank you! I received your card! It was postmarked Dec 3 😂. The post office here is seriously having problems. I only ended up missing a few cards, but they may still be on the way and bringing some 2021 cheer. Excited for the next exchange!

1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
BromBonez - I'm sure there are great Postal staff out there. Alas the best I can say is the driver of our route called us after we tried to send our Red White and Dead cards to say they were going to be rejected for not enough postage... they were of the correct weight and size BUT our rude and rather nasty new Post Master deemed them NOT a letter but a package because they didn't "feel" like just paper inside the envelope.

As for getting the USPS to deliver a package to us forget about it. Not a one has been delivered in YEARS... we get a slip, says they attempted too. Well Nope I'm home all day everyday... I can hear the mailtruck as it drops my mail off... we have an OVERSIZED box so smaller packages can be left but NOPE they never do. Have to drive into town and IF we're lucky it's before they close... As Frog normally works when the PO is open, packages linger there for days till someone can go get them. In the past when we've gone to pick up, they have LOST packages in the building, (it's here somewhere come back later), handed us someone else's packages ( you sure this isn't you... no it's not even our address) or just plain say there isn't anything there for us ( but we have a slip saying we do). Sadly I've lost faith in the USPS.

·
Registered
125 Posts
BromBonez - I'm sure there are great Postal staff out there. Alas the best I can say is the driver of our route called us after we tried to send our Red White and Dead cards to say they were going to be rejected for not enough postage... they were of the correct weight and size BUT our rude and rather nasty new Post Master deemed them NOT a letter but a package because they didn't "feel" like just paper inside the envelope.

As for getting the USPS to deliver a package to us forget about it. Not a one has been delivered in YEARS... we get a slip, says they attempted too. Well Nope I'm home all day everyday... I can hear the mailtruck as it drops my mail off... we have an OVERSIZED box so smaller packages can be left but NOPE they never do. Have to drive into town and IF we're lucky it's before they close... As Frog normally works when the PO is open, packages linger there for days till someone can go get them. In the past when we've gone to pick up, they have LOST packages in the building, (it's here somewhere come back later), handed us someone else's packages ( you sure this isn't you... no it's not even our address) or just plain say there isn't anything there for us ( but we have a slip saying we do). Sadly I've lost faith in the USPS.
That does sound like a very different experience than what I have here. Well it’s such a massive organization I’d imagine there are good and bad branches all over. I lived in Hollywood for most of my 20s and had mixed experiences. I’d say the good or bad usually starts with the branch management and works it’s way down.

Well luckily I believe I got everyone’s cards and have enjoyed them all. Looking forward to Valentines cards, if people still have the energy. 💘

Reactions: Ladyfrog
101 - 120 of 138 Posts