Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I was going to attempt a cemetery gate/archway setup outside this year with scrim behind the archway opening to project on. Seemed like the most simple solution to achieving a vertical/portrait projection was to turn the projector on its side. (to match a video loop filmed vertically) I have read (including from AtmosfearFX) that you can do this, BUT... you need to make sure your projector can handle projecting on its side. I did a bit of research, and it seemed like almost everywhere I checked they advised against doing this.
I was just curious if anyone had looked into this before, or found a projector brand/model (hopefully budget-friendly) that can handle projecting on its side.
Thank you for your help!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Icepick and Victor for your help! I will probably go the editing software route and make it as "portrait" as possible. I have both landscape and portrait versions of the file I want to use. Since my arch won't be very wide, I was just hoping I could somehow do it vertically to try and control the amount of light possibly spilling over the sides of the arch if projecting horizontally/landscape. I think I am going to use AtmosfearFX's grim reaper loop. The reaper is white and the rest of the background is black. So hopefully there won't be too much light spilling over. I will be rear projecting, so I will have to angle the projector to hide it/and its light anyway. Maybe this angle will also help hide any light spilling over. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts