Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a number of Kmart's halloween items have come on line and are available to order. May not be in stores yet and not everything I saw or was interested was available yet. Figure they are still working on updating their site.

Anyway has anyone ever seen this: it's called It's Alive Mask Motion Maker:

http://www.kmart.com/its-alive-mask-motion-maker-halloween-d-233-cor/p-009V008908443000P?prdNo=48&blockNo=48&blockType=G48

I get the feeling it may be a drop ship kind of item for them and wish they had a video of it.

Other items I'm occasionally seeing as available for Layaway, Some free shipping to local store, some with shipping option.

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been checking every day for Kmart to list their skeleton fish for purchase. It's been "temporarily unavailable" for a while now. Success this a.m. when I checked.

So I can check a few other things of my list that I've been wanting for my haunt: 5 skeleton fish and 1 Totally Ghoul Halloween Zombie Foot, which Hilda had said she bought from them last year and painted up to go with one of her zombie groundbreakers (Larry I think it was) when she created a prop out of him*. I liked that foot a lot and even commented on it so when I was searching for something to push me over the $49 purchase amount for free shipping, saw it and in the cart it went. Then I got to the bottom of the order form and saw the place for coupon codes. Decided to go back to their main page and click on the TODAY'S COUPONS and they had $5 off for purchases over $50 which I still qualified for (KMART5OFF50). Yes!, it worked, so saved an extra $11.50 off my order. Am very pleased especially since I don't have to drive to my closest Sears or Kmart store to pick anything up. Should have my order by Wednesday the 12th and will post photos.

What will I do with 5 fish? Figured at least one for use with my pirates. The others I think I will use on a mobile to make it look like dead fish are swimming through a window (ship's portal). I have the Dead Sea Aquarium DVD for another "fish" view.

Here are the links to the items I purchased:

Skeleton Fish: http://www.kmart.com/skeleton-fish-5.5-in/p-009W008176614001P?redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL

Totally Ghoul Zombie Foot: http://www.kmart.com/totally-ghoul-zombie-foot-halloween-decoration/p-009W004972367001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

*http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/141107-grandinroad-2015-a-61.html#post1761754

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW I liked that this year for In Store pickup options they listed both Kmarts (which aren't that easy for me to get to) and Sears stores which are way more easier being in malls near me.

When I was checking out I could pay by CC thru their site, use Paypal or pay in the store if I picked up. Liked those options. I think they are trying to be more customer friendly.

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got an email this a.m. that my order is on it's way. Sent with tracking info as well. Glad to see that shipping from Kmart is prompt.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Prompt?! It was downright crazy fast!! I just placed an order a day or two ago and one thing already arrived today! Totally unexpected.
That's great!

However... I can't believe this is happening to me AGAIN. I am just jinxed this summer, but the product does not work properly.

I ordered that little Gemmy barking mummy dog. I was excited to see Kmart had it, as I've seen it in all the At Home shopping photos. I'm not in love with the design, but I've always had it in my mind that I wanted a cute little lap dog for one of my skeleton ladies. So I thought the kids would get a kick out of this little barking animated mummy dog.

Well, he makes noise and sits, then it is supposed to kind of pop back up onto it's feet. Every single time, when it pops back up, it falls over on it's side. Oh boy.
It's a dud.

At this point, I am kind of laughing at what an absurd run I have had of dud animated products in my orders this summer. I guess I will try to return him. It's a waste of $25 like this.

Also, if anyone else is curious. It does a little growling (cute), a little barking (cute), but it does a lot of 'dog in pain' whining sound which actually upset my seven year old. He was sad the doggie was 'hurt'. (I'm just shaking my head at this point.) LOL

It matches the little dancing mummy that Home Depot or was it Lowes, carried last year that dances to Thriller.

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You must have conjured up some nasty spell there that backfired or someone has hexed you! You really are having your run of bad luck with stuff. The dog sounded cute. My fish and foot are due on Tuesday. last leg by post office.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Hilda---could you attach or glue a piece of clear plexiglass or a Pringles chip lid to one or two of the Mummy dog's feet to keep him from falling over when he pops back up?
Just a thought...........:)

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Thank you GoS and DaveintheGrave! I'll see what I can do with him.

So speaking of crazy FAST delivery. The rest of my order came. Holy MOLY! I can't complain about how fast they get an order to you! WOW!

Here are some of the items. That crazy pop-and-fall dog. haha Small spider and rat skellies, and THE FISH. OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS FISH.
I want more. :D Fantastic! I'm happy happy.

kmart.jpg

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
How the heck is the animated mummy dog SOLD OUT already?!!

It's not even September yet....

Where can I buy one without paying way over retail?

Reactions: Hilda

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I was another one checking and re-checking for those fish to become available again. I have 2 on the way. I put 3 in my cart, but then was hit with an inexplicable fit of rationality-- go figure! I whittled down to 2. As good as they look, I wish I'd held out for all 3.

Hilda-- I think it's sweet that your little guy doesn't like wounded puppy sounds. Compassion is an excellent character aspect :)

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
How the heck is the animated mummy dog SOLD OUT already?!!
It's not even September yet....
Where can I buy one without paying way over retail?
Sold out? Already?! Wow. I bet they will be in the stores. Also At Home is carrying them in their stores (only we don't have an At Home near us).

I was another one checking and re-checking for those fish to become available again. I have 2 on the way. I put 3 in my cart, but then was hit with an inexplicable fit of rationality-- go figure! I whittled down to 2. As good as they look, I wish I'd held out for all 3.

Hilda-- I think it's sweet that your little guy doesn't like wounded puppy sounds. Compassion is an excellent character aspect :)
I wish I had another one or two! haha I was going to mount this one as a lab specimen. However, this morning ChefJuli suggested I use it for my zombie chef in the kitchen to be holding over a pot! haha I need at least one more now!

Yep. I'm glad he felt sorry for the dog, and didn't just cover his ears. ;)

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hilda your puppy looks so cute! Hard to imagine any kid being able to resist him or be scared by him. Love at first bark for sure.

Jealous you live closer to their warehouse than me. ;) I'm still scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. And can't wait to see my fish. By the looks and sounds of it i'm glad I stuck by the 5 I ordered. They will probably be the next to sell out. I did go back and forth with the number in my cart thinking I could get by with 2 for my pirates but knew I wanted more for my deep sea look too. Tossed around 3 to 5 and 3 again thinking I'm going to spend $50 on dead fish! Debated still on how many I might need to get the sea look I wanted and finally just bit the bullet. You guys are making me happy I kind of went overboard. The fish in your photos really looks good. Like the eye especially! Is it a 360 degree prop? It looks pretty good sized too. Hilda have you seen the Gemmy animated zombie fish on their website? The Kmart fish reminds me of the Gemmy Zombie. It's kind of like the Skeleton Billy Bones fish (Big Mouth Billy Bass) but meaner and it's on a black plaque.

Dang that puppy is adorable.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Hilda your puppy looks so cute! Hard to imagine any kid being able to resist him or be scared by him. Love at first bark for sure.
Jealous you live closer to their warehouse than me. ;) I'm still scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. And can't wait to see my fish. By the looks and sounds of it i'm glad I stuck by the 5 I ordered. They will probably be the next to sell out. I did go back and forth with the number in my cart thinking I could get by with 2 for my pirates but knew I wanted more for my deep sea look too. Tossed around 3 to 5 and 3 again thinking I'm going to spend $50 on dead fish! Debated still on how many I might need to get the sea look I wanted and finally just bit the bullet. You guys are making me happy I kind of went overboard. The fish in your photos really looks good. Like the eye especially! Is it a 360 degree prop? It looks pretty good sized too. Hilda have you seen the Gemmy animated zombie fish on their website? The Kmart fish reminds me of the Gemmy Zombie. It's kind of like the Skeleton Billy Bones fish (Big Mouth Billy Bass) but meaner and it's on a black plaque.
Dang that puppy is adorable.
Thank you GoS!! Yes. The fish is great! It's amusing the heck out of me. Very nice quality too. The mouth is adjustable too. It is 360 degree and it sits up on those bottom fins. So very good opportunity to display it. Actually, I might have to shave some off one side to mount it on a board for a wall lab specimen like I planned! LOL

The dog is very cute. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sold out? Already?! Wow. I bet they will be in the stores. Also At Home is carrying them in their stores (only we don't have an At Home near us).

I wish I had another one or two! haha I was going to mount this one as a lab specimen. However, this morning ChefJuli suggested I use it for my zombie chef in the kitchen to be holding over a pot! haha I need at least one more now!

Yep. I'm glad he felt sorry for the dog, and didn't just cover his ears. ;)
Hilda thank you for the pictures. I was also checking K mart everyday to check on the fish. Could not tell from the picture it's dimensions but when he showed up available I ordered anyway. But he looks like he will be perfect. I am a Boney Bunch fan and one of there guys is a man standing in a row boat holding a fish looking just like this one. I am going to place the large fish looking like he is now going to swallow the boat.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts