Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all! So this halloween I bought an American DJ 1400 to add into the ol' display. This is in addition to my generic 400 watt unit.

What I am wondering is if a kitty litter chiller will be able to handle the output from the 1400 or if that will just back up the machine?

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Honestly don't know because I've never used more than a 400w Walmart special, but building a cooler sized chiller is just as easy. I didn't have any coolers myself so just asked my friend's on Facebook to help out. Had four decent-sized but imperfect coolers before the week was out. Couple missing handles, two with bad drainage plugs, but otherwise perfect....

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a Fogstorm 1200 that I use with a kitty litter fog chiller, and while it is pretty loud blasting fog thru, I've found it ends up working just alright. I think the fog goes thru too fast and doesn't cool down enough, which is why I run the chiller to corrugated drain pipe with lots of dry ice and frozen water bottles stuffed inside and it ends up working really good.

Having said that, I have run my cheap 400 watt fogger thru the litter chiller and found that it works exceptionally well. The higher watt/output machines just blast the fog out too fast and it doesn't cool enough to "hug the ground" like the smaller, cheap machines. If you have a smaller machine I recommend the litter chiller, but if you're using that 1400 watt, the cooler chiller might be a better idea considering the output. And of course....froggy's freezin fog juice is the best

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I got the froggy's...I'll probably wind up using the 400 on the kitty litter chiller and maybe next year building a trash can chiller for the 1400...in the meantime, I will just pump the 1400 through a pipe I have buried in the ground that feeds into a pond...that oughta do the trick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts