1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
I haven't been in to my local store yet (dislike the pot pouri that permeates everything---bad for allergy sufferers like me) but they do get in really nice home decor items. I saw their halloween prints a few years back and many of them had two sizes and were just super nice. Actually it was my first time seeing the LED prints that have become so popular.

For anyone ordering online without the benefit of a store to check out, it's always a bit scary to order without seeing in person but if this year's prints are anything like the ones I saw, home run.

Personally my favorite would be the Monster Bash box frame, think they had it before. And for a framed print I like the Spooky Jack-o-Lantern one this year too that you bought, halloween but could be fall season too. Both of the large Haunted House prints are nice and the frame on the "darker" Haunted house print looks very nice and gives a gothic feel. Have to say Kirklands always has a nice selection of prints and sizes for halloween and I always think of them first for LED prints.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I looked through the webpage, and other than the prints, I kind of thought their stuff was way too "cute." On the prints, does anyone know if any of them are actually animated (like the cracker barrel and big lots versions), or if they are simply lit paintings?

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
Ageee that their stuff isn't particularly scary and don't think it ever has been. I will probably head down to my store later this coming week and will play around with the prints and report back if no one else does. I know they were the first place I saw the haunted house print with the ToTers and ghost and witch that was what I'll call timed LED animated, with different LED scenes lighting up at different times along with sound. I thought it was pretty clever and fun to watch. Pretty sure that same print is now being sold at CB this year, but it's been a few years. And I might be wrong avout this but I thought Kirkland had that one in an even larger size than CB. Wanted to buy it back then but didn't have the extra $40-50 for it at that moment and then it was gone from the store and online. Even called their customer service to see if they had any left in the warehouse I could buy.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I looked through the webpage, and other than the prints, I kind of thought their stuff was way too "cute." On the prints, does anyone know if any of them are actually animated (like the cracker barrel and big lots versions), or if they are simply lit paintings?
I agree. Besides the prints, I do like the Boo Chevron Pumpkins, which have a darker, classy look to them.

I cannot say for sure, but the prints only lit last year, so I would expect the same.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with the 'Too cute' comments.

I just like the LED prints.

I base the judgement of cute or scary based on the expression on the pumpkin's faces. The one I got had a scary or neutral look so it passes the test. I'll eventually get the one pictured by Jb1sb2.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The one I saw in person (pictured above) the lighting had a "timed" ( like G.O.S. was explaining ) flickering in the pumpkins that was very realistic. Then house lights and such were steadily lit. It is beautiful but still on the creepy side. I do not do "happy halloween" amd I am considering it.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Kirklands had that same LED painting last year with the black frame and jack-o'lanterns. I really love it, but I noticed towards the end of the season the pictures left in stores started bubbling up really bad. Sure enough, people were saying the same thing online.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I really like the LED prints, they look great! Spooky Haunted House LED Canvas Art Print is my favorite!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts