Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a thread on this before so I was wondering: Is anyone here affected by the King Fire in California? By disaster means, I am affected very little but so many people have lost so much and so close to our favorite holiday. My worst problem, other than the breathing problems it causes, is that I am VERY allergic to smoke and ash. It gives me migraines and causes me to feel like 1 million fire ants are crawling all over my face under my skin.

The fire actually started in the middle of us setting up our haunt panels 2 weeks ago and since then I have only been able to work on it very little due to the choking smoke lingering in the area. I thought 1.5 months would be an excess amount of time to finish the inside of the haunt but now I am afraid. It is creeping up on 1 month til the big day and I have done very little to the inside. I have not even gotten up more than 1/2 of the tarp to cover the top.

I hope and pray that the firefighters get more of a break on this fire soon. It jumped from 18% to 37% contained in one night but now the wind is picking up again there so just please send your thoughts and prayers their way.

On another note: What's the best way to quickly get smoke smell out of props? febreeze?

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
We were just up in Auburn, CA, and the smoke & ash were bad there. My oldest son & his family drove down from Reno & said the visibility was horrendous on the drive.
Re the smoke smell, probably right with Febreeze. Otherwise, leaving clothing out in the bright sunlight gets rid of smells, but not sure if that would work on the props.
I hope CFD gets everything under control ASAP & you can continue your pre haunt prep!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winds today shifted to WSW (towards fire). Clear air so I'm gonna get as much work done as I can today! I hope this helps them, as well, as winds blowing a fire back towards where it already burned usually helps them I would think.
Looked like this yesterday: http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=_zcu5WjC84tLmM&tbnid=83kKv5cWae8GPM:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http://www.ktvn.com/story/26588954/smoke-re-entering-the-washoe-valley-area&ei=KOAiVM3-IcvgoATq7ILwAw&bvm=bv.76180860,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNGz04DYNJM0B3DMdJViy_2V4bwQXA&ust=1411658049501480
Our poor kids cannot even go outside at school. Glad they kept them inside :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts