Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the Kindy's Factory Outlet and they now have the reindeer motors in stock. The price is $12.99 plus shipping. If you need one go to Kindy's.com and search "replacement motor".

Attachments

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
What is the shipping rate for everyone else? Shipping to zip 42303 $10.25 which brings the total cost of one motor to.....$23.24 order 2 and it brings the price to
$37.10
$18.55 each for 2

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
Madmax, I ordered 3 motors. The toal shipping to zip 65604 was only $14.91 for all three motors. That was for the cheapest shipping...UPS ground.

So for 1 the price is $24 and 3 the price is $18 each

I have the same type motor (I cross checked it to the motor inside the deer motor case) but a better case for prop making and the motor I sell has a round, threaded shaft.

Here's the motor I sell $18.50 each (SHIPPING INCLUDED) it has the threaded shaft and a mounting flange the Kindy's Factory Outlet motor doesn't have either. I'm only selling 20 of the 100 motors I have left the rest will go in props.

Here's the deer motor with the case open

Here's the motor inside the case that I sell

·
Registered
330 Posts
I thought about making a thread but thought I would see if I could tack on to this one. I don't really know much about motors but I wanted to get a couple for some animation. I found this one

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/616425343/Special_design_of_Christmas_lighting_motor.html?s=p

and here are the specs

Rated voltage: 12-220V
Hz:50/60Hz
Motor power: 4W
Rotary speed:2.5-30rpm

Minimum order is 10 which is fine, if it would work ok I have a few things I would like to use them for. Anyone have any thoughts? They come from China, but I am in no huge hurry, I don't know that I will actually use them this year.

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
Scottv42 You need to look closely at the ad FOB which means "Freight (or Free) On Board" but you're responsible for the motors once they are on the ship. With that that means getting them to the USA and then your home. I think by the time you're done it will work out to $6 to $8 a motor and 2 to 3 weeks getting them.

If you do inquire about the motors make sure you get a DHL price to your door.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Alibaba is an interesting site but I've never bought anything through it. The site itself is only referring you to manufacturers. Many will not be anxious to sell such small quantities of a cheap item. Besides what madmax just said, you have problems with time zone differences, language barriers (ever seen an email interpreted through one of those online translation sites?) currency exchange rates, and actually sending them payment.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes, they state they have multiple delivery methods one of which is express, dhl, fed ex etc for small orders. I was just curious about the motor stats, they seem decent but not knowing much about motors I was curious if they seemed ok.

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
most of the motors are close to the same except rpm and torque. The torque is rated in KG and the deer motor has 6kg of torque

Voltage is OK so torque and speed is the only think to worry about and that's going be a user's choice

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
madmax, thanks for this information. I remembered you had made some of these but I was under the impression that you were only making a limited number and I didn't know you still had them available. Sorry. Yes I do believe your motors with the metal and threaded shaft would actually be better. I was just trying to let people know these reindeer motors were again available at Kindy's. I wish I had realized you still had these available before I made this order.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My two cents- The Kindy Motors are easy in that they already have a plug, the shaft has a screw with mount that is easy to use or modify, and they are pretty weather proof already. That being said, they are hit or miss depending on the use. Strictly for rotation, like a lightly built FCG, they work fine. But, if you choose to use them reverse directionwhen they hit a pin, they can be flaky. I have two that worked for two seasons no problem, and two that stopped working properly to reverse.

That being said, for the price, they do their job and when they are gone again for the season, you kick yourself. That being said I ordered two extra this year $37 with shipping. Worth the piece of mind.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
What is the shipping rate for everyone else? Shipping to zip 42303 $10.25 which brings the total cost of one motor to.....$23.24 order 2 and it brings the price to
$37.10
$18.55 each for 2
$9.98 for shipping to me, and their main outlet store (when it eventually opens) is a 20 minute drive for me. I'll wait until after Halloween and drive over to pick some up when the store opens November 1.

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
I wonder why it's so hard for companies to ship at a reasonable price how hard can it be to pick up a deer motor, put it in a flat rate bubble envelop seal it and put a label on it and in the out box for the mailman to pick up the same or next day. Total cost is $5.50 (including the ink and label) and 2 minutes of work. Easily fit 3 of the motors in one lat rate bubble envelop (which is free from the post office) After the holidays I'm going to track down the manufacture of this motor and see what kind of a bulk rate price I can get and to see if they can make it with the threaded shaft...like they use to. I'm sure Kindy's markup is 75-100% on the motor and with the shipping cost they charge being $12 I'm hoping to get a good enough price that I can ship the motor for $15 or under total for shipping and motor. If anyone can track down the China manufacture/supplier it will help..i'm sure I will have to buy a 1000 to get a decent price but I will do it... edit: I just checked a invoice from last Oct from Kindy ...$11 each shipped

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
Here is a source for just the motor if anyone is interested. I bought two of them and they work fine. If you look, they are the EXACT same guts, just not in the little plastic case. I got mine for under $7 apiece and NO shipping.
Check it out here.
http://www.lusolarelectronics.com/tyc50-synchronous-motor-ac110v-56rpm-cwccw-torque-4kgfcm-p-1.html

I have that same motor but more torque...that motor has ≈ 4Kgf.cm. The motors I sell now (TDY) have 6Kgf.cm of torque

I can't beat that price, mine is $9.50 shipped but I can get it to you in 4 days or less...east of Texas with in 2-3 days instead of the 14 to 21 days from China

1 - 18 of 18 Posts