Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's all over and the post Halloween depression has hit. lol! :D

Was a pretty good year. Had a lot of fun. didn't get as many kids as i was hopping since it wasn't raining this year. got more people last year and it was storming. O well, it did leave an impact on the ones that did show up and they all had a good time. Truth is i just do it for my self any ways. lol! I need to work on getting the word out that I'm actually there cause my neighborhood sucks for decorations and celebrating the night at all for that matter. There were maybe 3 or 4 houses that had any kind of decorations up and by decorations i mean a small reaper hanging up and maybe some webbing. Hurts my soul. :p But that said i did have a great time this year, i wandered the neighborhood in my Michael Myers costume and everyone that saw me loved it. In fact i usually change my costume several times on the big day but i was having so much fun with old michey that i stuck with it.

Any who, here's some pics of my set up this year. Most were taken the day after due to me being stupid and not charging my cam the day before so some props shift between shots. I did record quite a bit of video this year so after i edit that ill post that as well. I experimented with the lighting this year going with a more colorful look. i usually go with a more natural lighting to make it more realistic but i wanted something a bit different this year. Pretty happy with the outcome but still need to practice my lighting.

Hope everyone had a great night!! :D

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Love the night time lighting - very atmospheric.

Can't work out whether the skeleton/mummy dog is eyeing up the cauldron skelly with a view to running off with one of its legs.

·
Registered
414 Posts
True indeed that more people need to experience that terrific layout in person!! It works both in the day, and at night; those color combos are great! Have you considered doing a down spot on the Skeleton hanging from the chains? He looks like he could be highlighted for best effect. LOVE that cauldron!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
BTW, is there a tutorial or a separate thread pertaining to your awesome front "Dungeon" door? I was looking at the front yard pics, and kept noticing the detail on that door matches that of your fantastic coffin!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate the feed back. :D

Did you only have those candelabras light the carport inside? I love the orange amber hue.
The candelabras are directly below the carports light fixture, i used a cheap color changing led bulb to get the right color and brightness to make it seem that the candles were the source of the light. i had to hide the light fixture with clear and black plastic to get the effect. I thought i had a pic of it but couldn't find one. I wrapped a couple layers of clear plastic around the roof near the fixture to diffuse the light, then i wrapped black plastic around the clear in the right areas to direct the light and so there wasn't a big blob of light in the center of the room. wanted it to light the top so all the webbing and black plastic dangles would show up better. Came out pretty decent. :D

BTW, is there a tutorial or a separate thread pertaining to your awesome front "Dungeon" door? I was looking at the front yard pics, and kept noticing the detail on that door matches that of your fantastic coffin!
Not yet. I've been getting a lot of request to do one so i do plan on doing a tutorial here soon. was going to try to do it before Halloween but you know how that goes. lol! I did have a thread up last year with all my progress on it but thanks to photo bucket all the pics are gone. Ill post some of those with the tutorial as well. So keep watching out for that and ill try to whip something up before next year. lol! I really love making the faux wood and stone and would love to see more people doing it in the years to come. :D

O, i wish i had thought to drop light the skelly in chains when had the chance. i may have but ran out of time and/or brain capacity. lol! I had that mind set with everything else but he slipped threw. If i use it again i will for sure. I probably will since the skelly i used is the trouble maker. Never stays standing up if i pose it. Pose and stays look good but they don't "stay"standing very well without a significant stand, joints are to weak.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Kindo, I feel your pain about those Pose n "Stay" skeletons! I've started calling them "Pose n SWEAR at 'em's" ! The literature that comes with them says you can tighten the joints down, but so far, I couldn't get any of the joint bolts to tighten without cracking the plastic! I'm searching for a cheap semi-heavy gauge wire solution to make the arms and legs actually "pose".
I love how well you hid the standing apparatus on your yard skelly's, BTW!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow Kindo! The ambiance you created inside your carport was just amazing. That was truly spectacular!

You are the halloween-forum's "sensei" of halloween decorations. Your work is definitely at another level, even amonsts the grand-masters within this forum.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great job. I love the coals under the cauldron. Great job on the lighting.

Reactions: kindo

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone!!!

Wow Kindo! The ambiance you created inside your carport was just amazing. That was truly spectacular!

You are the halloween-forum's "sensei" of halloween decorations. Your work is definitely at another level, even amonsts the grand-masters within this forum.
Wow! thank you.:D

I'm working on the videos right now. Rendering a shorter full walk through from Halloween night as i type. Should have that up later tonight. The other one will have more detailed looks at everything and is taking me longer to edit. :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok here's the video of Halloween night. it was like 11:30 or 12 by the time i filmed this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts