Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only 5 people have RSVPd so far.... out of about 30.... We had about 18 last year and everyone had a blast... they talked about it everytime I saw them....

I spent a lot of money this year and it is soooo much better! I hope people come to see it.... :confused:

How is everyone else doing on guest #s?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I totally understand lol

Last year ppl said they would come and I ended up canceling cuz no one showed. :(

It was a waist of time and money. This year I have high hopes and so far 10 ppl :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Out of the few invites that I've given out, they have all RSVP'ed..shocking! But we'll see if they all show up or not?!.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So far, half of my guests have RSVP. That's 30 people. I truly don't expect all 30 to show. I expect more like 20 but that's ok cause those people are the really fun ones. I know the panicky feeling though. I panic every year cause I had a year where hardly anyone showed & I was devastated. I keep thinking something gonna happen (us or our kids get sick) and we are gonna have to call if off. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though cause this is something I plan and look forward to all year.

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
I am expecting about 50 or more.. there are always those that tag along with invitees. but the more the merrier.

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
This is my first party this year and I have actually sent real invitations and then facebook event reminders out. I have had rsvps on facebook but after receiving my real invitations NOTHING. I dont really know what to do.

·
Registered
210 Posts
We've invited 50 and I have 10 confirmed yes's so far. But don't panic...it's only the second! "Normal People" aren't even thinking about it yet. ;) And besides, we've had big and small parties, and have had a blast at all of 'em. Now worries! :)

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
I'd say almost half have RSVP'd. I'll be sending out an e-mail soon to give them a deadline because I really need to start thinking of food and drink quantities. People just don't realize the work that goes into these Halloween parties. They think it's like any other party.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,279 Posts
I always panic right before delivering invites. I think that no one is going to come and I'm silly for even doing it.

Then I fret the entire time up to the party - over who said they'd come but probably won't, the folks that never rsvp'ed at all...

:eek:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Only 5 people have RSVPd so far.... out of about 30.... We had about 18 last year and everyone had a blast... they talked about it everytime I saw them....

I spent a lot of money this year and it is soooo much better! I hope people come to see it.... :confused:

How is everyone else doing on guest #s?
You know, I throw a big party every yr and most people do not RSVP. I really hate that! I usually have to follow up. I am guilty of doing that just last week. My son was invited to a party. I've had the invite hanging on the fridge for 2 weeks so we wouldn't forget. I just realized the DAY of the party when I was re-reading the invite that she requested an RSVP. I felt really bad that I never let her know. So see, some people could have your invite hanging on the fridge right now, planning on coming and just haven't let you know. :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I guess I'm doing pretty well. I've had 29 out of 42 rsvp so far. The rest probably never will. I usually send out a text to all I haven't heard from a week or so before the party saying something like, "If you're receiving this, it means I haven't received an rsvp. I plan to shop to food & drink this weekend so please let me know if you plan to make it. Hope to see you there!" Then I usually hear from everyone.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the words of reassurance... they did help to calm my panic attacks... lol.

I've got about 12 out of 28ish now so I'm somewhat satisfied. I'm sure there will be more... and if there's not... 12 people can easily make a party.

Yay!

·
The Black Unicorn
1,348 Posts
I don't ask for an RSVP, I have been doing this for 10 years and everyone returns and there are always new ones coming as well. I have about 50- 75 friends show up. This is what I consider to be my Christmas. My friends all bring food, I either have a pig pickin or a huge pot of chili.( like 10+ pounds of hamburger... )My place is in the country and I have 6 acres for parking and a 36 x60 barn to party in. Most of my friends bring their campers over night. I am extremely fortunate to be able to do this event that I love so much. My motto: I will enjoy this party even if I'm the only one here..... so all the work is for my pleasure and I am more then willing to share that ...that's why we do it, so if you build it they will come!!!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Obcessed... Yes that is definitely the way to look at it. Do it for yourself and if other people come... good for them... but it needs to make you happy.

Blah.... well, now that I have a good number of confirmed people.... I'm panicking because my party is only 14 days away! (24th)

So much to do.... scary scary!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
RSVPing for Halloween parties never seems to go overly well. Why is this?

·
The Black Unicorn
1,348 Posts
Hey Obcessed... Yes that is definitely the way to look at it. Do it for yourself and if other people come... good for them... but it needs to make you happy.

Blah.... well, now that I have a good number of confirmed people.... I'm panicking because my party is only 14 days away! (24th)

So much to do.... scary scary!

Mine is that night too!!! I can't wait, got the graveyard up this weekend now just have to fix lightibg and setup food area...oh.. and make jello shooters!!!!!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine is that night too!!! I can't wait, got the graveyard up this weekend now just have to fix lightibg and setup food area...oh.. and make jello shooters!!!!!!
I will be able to get my graveyard up if it ever stops raining here!!! (Dallas, TX)

I'm doing jello shots too!

Still so much to do... spider web to hang, gotta gather music for the bathrooms, .... I'm excited!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts