Halloween Forum banner

Killington Lane Haunted Zombie Infested Cemetery 2022

1264 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Malicious
This is mostly daytime still images just to change things up and focus a bit more on the details.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely phenomenal. It looks like a real cemetery. How did you make all of the mausoleums and how long did it take? It is really creepy and realistic!
The first Mausoleum I made "Bride cyrpt" in 2013 made the large one to the far right and 2014 made "Skull crypt" the large one in the middle and 2015 made the six smaller ones on either side of the large on. They are all made of 4" thick foam board no wood frame. I found a company nearby that makes walk in freezers for grocery stores and restaurants and they had piles of free faom board scrap that I came and gotr to build nearly everything. I use 6" screws to hold them together and I drive a bunch of 1" x 2" into the ground about a foot and screw those into the foam to hold the foam down from the wind. This video show the evolution of everything and how it is built if you are interested.
. Everything has been updated a few times because the first things I built were pretty lame and slap dash. Thanks for the kind words All!.

· Registered
584 Posts
The first Mausoleum I made "Bride cyrpt" in 2013 made the large one to the far right and 2014 made "Skull crypt" the large one in the middle and 2015 made the six smaller ones on either side of the large on. They are all made of 4" thick foam board no wood frame. I found a company nearby that makes walk in freezers for grocery stores and restaurants and they had piles of free faom board scrap that I came and gotr to build nearly everything. I use 6" screws to hold them together and I drive a bunch of 1" x 2" into the ground about a foot and screw those into the foam to hold the foam down from the wind. This video show the evolution of everything and how it is built if you are interested.
. Everything has been updated a few times because the first things I built were pretty lame and slap dash. Thanks for the kind words All!.
This is literally the greatest and most realistic haunt I have ever seen! It is genius. You captured all of the elements of a real cemetery. I am truly blown away!
Where is this located?
Please make sure you take plenty of pics for next year! Also, where do you store it all?

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is literally the greatest and most realistic haunt I have ever seen! It is genius. You captured all of the elements of a real cemetery. I am truly blown away!
Where is this located?
Please make sure you take plenty of pics for next year! Also, where do you store it all?
I live in Bloomfield Township which is about 20 miles north of Detroit MI. I store about 1/3 of it in my garage up on shelves and the rest takes up about 1/4 of the unfinished side of my basement. See images below. When people drive by the number one question by far is where do you put all this stuff. As you can see by the pictures it is mostly built in 4' x 4' panels or some are 4' x 8' and then lots of smaller pieces. I spray paint the back of each crypt a certain color so when I go to assemble everything the next year I have a quick visual reference. I also have notes on certain pieces I write in Sharpie on the foam to remind me which side it goes on. I have lots of images on Halloween Forum I think if you type in my name or Killington Lane you should be able to find some galleries of past years. The video above really gives you the best overall idea of how it has evolved over the years. When I started in 2011 it was really lame but each yeqr I kept adding a refining stuff. This site has a lot of really talented people who I have "stolen" from. Thank you so much for you very very kind words it is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

· Caretaker of Eerie Manor
7,198 Posts
Always one of the best around! Has a movie set quality which you rarely see in home haunts. Look forward to this every year. nice to see the added detail in the daytime video as well. Strong work!! The zombie at 1:40 is creepy as hell! Very realisitc!

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Always one of the best around! Has a movie set quality which you rarely see in home haunts. Look forward to this every year. nice to see the added detail in the daytime video as well. Strong work!! The zombie at 1:40 is creepy as hell! Very realisitc!
LOVE your haunt as well exceptionally well done your Mausoleum and entire set up is fantastic especially in the space you have! It must be great to have your friends joining in and really getting behind the professional look you carry out with the set up and your costumes! Thanks for the kind words too.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Killington Lane has always been a big inspiration for my work. love what you do! Thanks for sharing these daytime photos.
Thanks I really think you did a great job turning your facades into 3 D Mausoleums, also great job painting them all, you did a lot of work but it really paid off! Thanks for your kind words.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts