Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have tips for making a kid look vaguely like a monster? Yeah, she wants to be a monster :cool:
I am completely un-crafty, so it has to be simple. I'm thinking green sweats, but what on the head? She is 3 and probably won't leave a mask on!
If the top is a hoodie, I might be able to put ears or horns on it?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,877 Posts
The easiest if it is just a generic monster (as far as I can think of):

Get a hooded sweat shirt and pants (whatever color she likes). Get two pieces of craft felt; one white one black. You might need two whites, depending

Out of the white, cut out two circles (use a drinking glass and trace around it with a pen) for the eyes. Cut two smaller circles for the eye pupils and glue them together. Position on the top or sides of the hood - using hot glue or simple stitching.

Take the white felt and cut out teeth - just do a zig zag to make triangles up and down - and cut out two of these. Attach the teeth to the top and bottom of the hood opening for a scary mouth.

You could add ears, a tail (just safety pin onto the bottom of the top) whatever...

Kind of like this: pottery barn kids | Dragon Costume

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frankie's Girl,
I couldn't find a green hoodie for the life of me anywhere today (can u believe it?), but I like your idea.
I'm a bit proud of my 3 year old for choosing something scary over something cutesy!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would do something with lots of eyes. I'd either use the felt eyes, or maybe some cheap plastic balls, or ping pong balls and give the monster eyes all over, or just one in the middle of her chest.

I'd have her wear all of the same color too--any color. If you get to feeling really crafty, you could use socks of the same color or cut the arms off of shirts and give her an extra set of monster arms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts