Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
there are 2 sites for this sort of fund raising-kickstarter and indiegogo. for both you set a fundraising goal then invite people to help fund your project. The difference, I have been told, in the two is that whatever money you raise at indiegogo, you receive for your project. If you set a goal at kickstarter and fall short of that goal, say you only get pledges for $3000 of a $5000 kickstarter goal, then all money is returned to the people who pledge support and the kickstarter campaign is over. If you get pledges for $3000 of a $5000 goal at indiegogo, my understanding is that you get whatever money was pledged. HTH.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Looks like she's made her Kickstarter. Still a day or so to get in on it. I'm not much of a doll guy...:eek: But it's tempting just for the quality they're shooting for and the love Jill Thompson's obviously got for the character. Plus I hear she's just pretty great in general. Plus the specials are darn cute. :)

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
OMG!!! I love, Love, LOVE Scary Godmother....I have both DVD's and I have bought numerous DVD's to give to others..... I love her message, her genre and the lovely way the movie plays. I wish, I wish I could buy one of the originals......but unfortunately, my pockets aren't that deep.....but this doll is lovely and all that she should be. Really, well done!:D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I LOVE Scary Godmother!! We have all the books & have seen the Halloween specials. The books are sooo much better (as usual) but I love the specials too. I'm sure Cartoon Network will run them closer to Halloween.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I finally got around to fully reading the cost. I'd pay $50 just for The Boozle! Now if only I had that much burning a hole in my pocket. :) Some of the packages sound good, too.

I liked the shows, wish I could find them in stores (along with Winnie the Pooh's Frankenpooh and Spookable Pooh for my youngest, who's never had the pleasure...and my 12 yr old who still loves them).

Being the mom of a Disney Jr. fan, I have to say that I think "Sophia" from Sophia the First looks and sounds a lot like the little girl in SG (who is cheek-squeezingly adorable). I wondered if Jill had anything to do with that show, but I've never checked into it.

Edit: so I ran over to IMDB and looked it up; they are different actresses of course (but the characters still look a lot alike!). I had no idea that "Dead Like Me"'s Reggie Lass was Hannah Marie in SG! How cool is that? Now I have more reason to love the shows.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Like I said, Cartoon Network will most definitely run this closer to Halloween & probably more than once. The DVDs are out there on Amazon & closer to Halloween stores should have them too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts