Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talia wanted to enter this year's contest on her own, alongside Cropper.

It originally started with the bike. Start of the year, Talia had been fighting me for years, not wanting to learn to ride her bike. I finally put my foot down that she had to practice every night before she played. Well, it didn't take her long to get it down, and soon that's all she wanted to do. So, we upgraded her to an OLD (90s) Schwinn 10 speed.

She was afraid of the gears and the hand brakes at the flea market there, but that bike has become her go-to activity since I got everything working properly. So, she's been all about bikes...

And we have this busted up bike Kyle wrecked. The brakes are 100% shot, the gears don't shift, etc. Not worth the $ to fix it.

"Let's put Bob (a skeleton) on the bike" was the original idea. Well, I had issues with putting one of my skeletons on a street corner in a lesser area of town for a week.

So, Talia's concept:

We have most of a body, just filling clothes with great stuff. Have the bike...

Thinking of sticking the seat coming out of the smashed area to drive it home/make it more clear.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Haha, that's great. Looks like a great concept. Can't wait to see more of her (and your) work. I love how your kids have embraced Halloween and also put their own spin and flavor to things they do and make.

·
Super Moderator
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Savers trip for clothes. The pants were filled with great stuff to make them nice and stiff to let him stand. The rest is more traditional stuffing mixed with bamboo up the back to make it straight and a little great stuff to glue the pieces together.

On to the contest:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts