Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a repurposed prop, reusing many parts from an old prop.

This is Kern, the Caretaker.

The body is 2x2 wood & chicken wire. The face is a new sculpt. Trying to get a creepy look, not zombie or demon, but just old and creepy. Not sure if I got there.

There is a vent motor to make the head turn (no video yet)

I'm 50/50 on this guy. He won't be centre stage, but I'm not 100% satisfied with the face. I don't know maybe it'll grow on me.

Any and all comments (even negative) are welcome.

GD2 copy.jpg

This is a simulation of what he'll look like in the graveyard (I hope to have a corpsed skelleton sit up in the coffin he's overlooking)
graveyard copy.jpg

F

·
0 Posts
I think he looks pretty awesome.

I admire all of you. I lack creativity like crazy.

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all

The face looks cool but the neck seems longer than it should be. I don't know how to explain it.
It could also just be the fit of the cloths on him.
Yeah it could be. It may also be that I don't have 'filling' in the upper back/shoulders. It may give the perspective of longer neck.
OR
I just made the neck too long ;)

I think i'll add padding to the trapezius area (on Kern, not me - i could use some as well though)

·
Registered
440 Posts
DoctorGrim: He's looking awesome. Two tips to make him look even better 1) Bulk up his shoulders which will make his neck look less long and should make the jumpsuit hang more realistically. 2) Put a matte coat on his face. From a distance he looks about to say "Get off my lawn!" but up close he needs to powder his nose :)
All in all though, you're rockin' it as usual!

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DoctorGrim: He's looking awesome. Two tips to make him look even better 1) Bulk up his shoulders which will make his neck look less long and should make the jumpsuit hang more realistically. 2) Put a matte coat on his face. From a distance he looks about to say "Get off my lawn!" but up close he needs to powder his nose :)
All in all though, you're rockin' it as usual!
Thanks.

1) I'll do that 4 sure
2) It may be the flash and some wet paint that gives the shiny look. Or maybe Kern just has a naturally oily complexion.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That looks terrible, not worthy of your graveyard at all.

Send him to me and I'll take care of him...:D

Looks great, but I think he needs a hat...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like the glisten of his skin. The old boys been digging graves, I'd expect him to be sweaty. I think he's cool.

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
Thank you all

Yeah it could be. It may also be that I don't have 'filling' in the upper back/shoulders. It may give the perspective of longer neck.
OR
I just made the neck too long ;)

I think i'll add padding to the trapezius area (on Kern, not me - i could use some as well though)

I'm really not one to critique, but I think that's the issue quoted in bold. Either way, he's a fine prop and outstanding as usual... but he needs a top hat with a voodoo styled skull & bones hat band, a couple of feathers, a horse hair tail, & a cloak in my opinion. :D

Heck, I want that hat myself! Lol!

Whoops, should've read the entire thread before replying. :eek: Looks perfect after the bulking up! Still needs a hat tho... :p

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone. Comments, suggestions are awesome and it really helps with refining. Also there were things mentioned that I didn't think of, now they are like bugs in my brain (ie a hat). I'll need to look into some things if I can.

Thanks again

Love it Grim! The Doc Brown hair style makes it really unique.
Yes! Doc Brown on crack, that's pretty much what I had in mind.

Thanks

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think you need to add more grungy (in different earthy colors) to his clothing so it will pop more. The face looks cool, I too, like the sheen of it.
Yeah I think you are right. BTW has anyone tried Frightprops grime ? I have Frightprops blood, which is great, I wonder how grime is?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Once again DG you've created another great prop. He's got that creepiness to him that's perfect. Whether or not he really looks sweaty is kinda cool too!
HM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts