Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Katherine's Collection will have two new themes this year, one that is more gothic, Dead and Breakfast, and a more traditional theme of Pumpkin Patch. Pictures of the Dead and Breakfast are up at https://www.laraines.com/katherines-halloween.html and Pumpkin Patch at https://moonstruckgifts.com/katherines-collection-halloween/pumpkin-patch-new-for-2018/. They are more expensive this year, but at least some of the dolls like the countess/ innkeeper is offered in three different sizes: life-size, 32 inches and 18 inches.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,840 Posts
I love Katharine's Collection. Even if it's pricey it's fun to see it all & steal ideas!

It's a good preview of some of the stuff Grandin Road will be getting. Last year they had several pieces from KC.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love Katharine's Collection. Even if it's pricey it's fun to see it all & steal ideas!

It's a good preview of some of the stuff Grandin Road will be getting. Last year they had several pieces from KC.
Yes, I always enjoy seeing how Grandin Road will style the pieces. They are usually much better than the photos Katherine's Collection posts, and as you said, it's great to see how they incorporate different items from the catalog.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
i saw a couple of things i might like--the night watchman for example--but the rest are things we've seen that are just as nice for less elsewhere. and i don't understand why they changed the cupcake holding tabletopper witch...the other face was much better. this one looks like your grandma dressed up for halloween at a grade school.

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
I'm in the same boat...I gawk over the KC stuff and even go so far as to put in my cart and just leave it sitting lol.

I'm in love with that lifesaver Countess. Ugh, if I had the disposable income for Halloween I wouldn't skip a beat in getting her. I also really love the "Breakfast is Served" tray. That's a cute idea that can probably be recreated for cheap.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Can't afford any of it but I like the lifesize dancing couple which I know was done before a few years ago. I also like the "breakfast is served" tray. I'm not really much of a DIY'er but I think Kenneth is right. And if I tried I could make something similar for a lot less money.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Anyone have the vampire cat from 2016? I first saw it on Roger’s Gardens website. I’ve found it online from $130 - $150. Looks to be 14 in height. Worth it or not?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Bobbiejo, we must have the exact similar tastes in decor, because I’ve been on the hunt for that cat ever since I saw it! I was hoping to get it under $100 but I’m thinking of just biting the bullet on some site....

·
Registered
893 Posts
I was just looking at the Christmas Traditions website this weekend! So many great Halloween items if only I was rich!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I found a coupon for that site which brought the price of the Vampire Cat to $120, but they wanted $35 to ship it. I was like, ummmm, I don’t think so!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I found the cat on Amazon for $140 with free shipping. The company that’s selling it there is also selling it on their own website at $10 dollars cheaper, but you have to pay shipping I believe. Don’t quote me on the shipping there, but I think that was the case.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I found the cat on Amazon for $140 with free shipping. The company that’s selling it there is also selling it on their own website at $10 dollars cheaper, but you have to pay shipping I believe. Don’t quote me on the shipping there, but I think that was the case.

I was on a quest last night and finally ordered it! The one on Amazon is $140 and is being sold by City Lights Collectables, and they do list it for $130 on their website. But they have free shipping over $79 (no coupon needed, it looks like that’s their normal promo). I even tried to find a coupon code that worked for any additional $$ off, but none of the coupons I found worked. So, I finally just ordered it, because all the time I spent looking for it on various websites is something I don’t want to do again! LOL

·
Registered
893 Posts
You’ll have to post a picture of the vampire cat when you get it and let me know if it’s worth the price. I’ll hold off on buying it until I hear your thoughts. I don’t believe I actually have any Katherine pieces, but many are so beautiful online. I know they’re are expensive, but is the quality a guarantee?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I have 2 or 3 of the less expensive KC items that Grandinroad has sold.....like the jeweled skeleton rat for example. It’s very good quality for what it is. A heavy professional resin material (it actually sort of feels like metal) that is adorned with really nice jewels (unlike the cheap jeweled skeleton from Pier 1 last year which cannot even compare!). I also bought that skull mask wall hanging that is really nice....a nice statement wall piece. That one was a little more expensive than I would have liked to pay, but the materials used are nice and high quality. Although I do wish it had more weight to it, as I believe the mask part is made out of paper mache, which I’m not a big fan of.

I will let you know about the vampire cat when I get it. I didn’t notice this until just before I ordered it, but the whiskers are not painted on....it’s actually a material of some sort to imitate actual real whiskers! Should be interesting to see it in person....I hope they don’t tempt my cat to try and play with it!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
You’ll have to post a picture of the vampire cat when you get it and let me know if it’s worth the price. I’ll hold off on buying it until I hear your thoughts. I don’t believe I actually have any Katherine pieces, but many are so beautiful online. I know they’re are expensive, but is the quality a guarantee?
I have the witch tabletop server (the older version...I don't like the one GR is selling this year...her face looks too un-haggish for me) and the 3 D Countess hanging portrait as well as the jeweled rat. They are exquisite. Good materials, lovely not cheap or cheesy fabrics, good workmanship. Yes, they are expensive but they are worth SOME of that high price. Honestly, I feel they are truly worth about Half what they charge for them but a thing's value is whatever you can get people to pay for it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts