Halloween Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Anyone seeing any Katherine’s at Tuesday Morning, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, or other brick & mortar stores this year? I’ve seen the stuff on Grandin Road, but was hoping to find something locally if possible. Guessing this may be the final year since they closed the Ohio Design Studio. I have an email into Gerson though and will keep you posted if I get a reply back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had placed an order with a reputive dealer who said they had ordered the new 2020 Halloween earlier in the year and they would guarantee some of my wants as orders were placed for specific items. Out of the blue they are now told their orders are cancelled.

The rumor I heard is the company recently changed hands. The creative end was supposed to stay as it was but the sales area would be under new management. Apparently this new sales management hasn't a clue of the history or how to run a high end seasonal decoration company.

Was told the trade show setup in Atlanta in early 2019 was mesmerizing vs this years initial trade show in Vegas which lacked the wow factor of prior years.

Have also hear # of units made would be based on the amount of dealer orders. No additional quantities would be produced other than the amount of trade show orders.

Does anyone else have any updates of the goings on behind the scenes? Hope this is rectified as it would be sad to a high end creative company like Katherine's Collection go extinct because of clueless management.

As an alternative google Bethany Lowe Halloween. Another high end seasonal company which sways more to a vintage creepy (but not evil) look.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Gerson bought KC. I too have had an extremely difficult time getting pieces. I ordered some items in January and just got those two days ago. I talked to one vendor who said Gerson did not order enough stock, and orders for this year had to be placed mid-February.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have a few Bethany Lowe pieces that I love! Bummed to hear about Katherine’s Collection. Maybe things will be corrected by next Halloween season.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had sent Gerson Company an email a few weeks ago asking if Katherine’s will continue on since the Ohio design studio has been closed this year. Their response to me was a bit vague last week:

“We have taken over Katerine's Collection.
However, we have not continued with all her product.
You can apply with our company as a client, to gain access to what we still sell.
It is mostly Christmas, and Halloween items.
Hope this information helps.
Have an awesome day!!
Thank you.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
The rumor I heard is the company recently changed hands. The creative end was supposed to stay as it was but the sales area would be under new management. Apparently this new sales management hasn't a clue of the history or how to run a high end seasonal decoration company.
Not a rumor. Not sure if you read my post on page 1 to see what I found for folks asking a while ago??

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,085 Posts
This reminds me that I got an email from them right before the New Year:

Restoring the Magic
Katherine’s Collection is reaffirming our commitment to service and timely delivery
Katherine’s Collection is pleased to announce that beginning January 1st, 2021, we will once again be directly responsible for the sales and distribution of our products. This change is part of our continuing effort to deliver the best possible service to our retailers.

As we look towards a brighter 2021, here are a few items to keep in mind:

We expect to relaunch a revitalized version of our online store on January 4th, so you’ll once again be able to order our products with a click

To ensure the well being of our staff and customers, our products will not be displayed in showrooms this year; instead, order online or over the phone

Be sure to keep a lookout for our 2021 catalogue – coming to your mailbox in early January

We are so excited to share our exquisite 2021 collections with you! Our team is proud to provide the same extraordinary holiday decorations and exceptional service you have come to expect from the Katherine’s Collection Family.

Happy holidays and here’s to a prosperous 2021!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts