Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if ther is a Kmart thread yet but I've been to three locla ones and the selection is horrible. Nothing but costumes, masks, some make-up and the foam skulls. A few other cheesy things but really behind where they were the past couple years. Anyone have a good, well stocked kmart?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, their on line offerings are good. I was just comparing the in-store display to previous years and it pales by comparison.

·
Registered
128 Posts
YES, THANK YOU!
i remember a few weeks back checking websites, looking for the cheapest possible Jason Gemmy, and it was Kmart, but i couldnt remember. You have refreshed my memory and now i have purchased it!

yay!

·
Registered
719 Posts
YES, THANK YOU!
i remember a few weeks back checking websites, looking for the cheapest possible Jason Gemmy, and it was Kmart, but i couldnt remember. You have refreshed my memory and now i have purchased it!

yay!
no prob, I also had it posted in the props sold by vendors area on the forum....you're the first to seem interested in it.

Mine came really fast too. They have Jason listed twice on their site both for the same price. When I contacted them as to why it was listed twice they told me one was animated and one wasnt. Both ads state 120v AC but one has a detailed description of it's animation and one doesnt say anything.....guess which one I ordered.....yup the one that they claim isnt animated. But, when it got here it is animated so I think someone screwed up on the ad and listed it twice. KMART help/support is useless as well, they have no idea and just guess.

·
Registered
946 Posts
KMart in general is just sad. The one closest to me is always dead. Even the employees look bored. The parking lot is so clear and empty that I doubt you'd get in trouble for parking in a handicap parking spot.

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
KMart in general is just sad. The one closest to me is always dead. Even the employees look bored. The parking lot is so clear and empty that I doubt you'd get in trouble for parking in a handicap parking spot.

The Kmarts in our area closed up a few years back. We didn't shop there that much but went for paper goods and laundry detergent sales. Occasionally other stuff. Now if I really want to go to a Kmart I have a pretty good distance to travel. I did make the trip to one last year after halloween to check out the clearance stuff and made out big time. I was surprised at the stuff I got, thought it was pretty nice. I'm not a big online shopper for this stuff so feel kind of bad that they aren't closer, especially at Halloween time.

·
Registered
315 Posts
LOL The one near me is just horrible and just trying to get any customer service is a joke . Went there a couple of days ago to check out the Halloween selection and walked away nodding my head in disgust . Lots of costumes and candy but there was only one aisle of Halloween goodies ,if you can call it that . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Last year, in the Chicago area, Kmart tested some stand-alone Halloween stores along the lines of Spirit. They used the Totally Ghoul name which they use on their in-store products. The stores were pretty well stocked and had a good selection. Don't think they did that well based on the amount of merchandise left at the end of the season. I've not seen any this year.

I've found a lot of great deals on Halloween and Christmas during their after-holiday sales.

I personally love to shop at Kmart - there never are anyt crowds! ;-P

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
I haven't seen more than 25 cars in a Kmart parking lot in 15 years. That they stay open at all is mystery.... well, not a mystery so much as a ridiculous debt-noose around Sears' neck.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,521 Posts
no Kmarts in SE Texas...not sure if they even left the state. Used to like them. :(

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I think the K-marts got stuck with too much un-sold Halloween inventory the last couple of years. I've cleaned up there during the after-Halloween sales for a few years now. I guess they figured it's cheaper just to put the props online and that way the retail stores aren't stuck with a lot of props that didn't sell.
Good for them, BAD for me.....:(:(

·
Resident Lunatic
1,772 Posts
Yes, it is sad. Kmart used to be the place to shop in its heyday. Used to have a lot of fun shopping there. Now the nearest one has closed, and the next nearest has the aforementioned pitiful parking lot, while Wal Mart down the street is jammed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was there just today and actually got a few good buys. I got a "Pick your Poison, Bar Open" light up sign for a few dollars cheaper than BuyCostumes.com had it listed. Also got a really neat wrought iron, black cake stand with spiders hanging from it as well. These things are only useful though to someone who does parties. Not much help to yard and home haunters I guess. Spirit had a store here last year but they didn't open one this year. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kmart

I agree - Kmart has nothing but garbage. Here in NY every Kmart always looks like it's going out of business - everything's always a mess. I stay away!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love k-mart hate wall-mart K-mart in spokane had a decent amount of stuff from totally ghoul unfortunately its sound activated and not very sensitive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
lol, frankie's girl... i forget your soooo close to me.

there is one in lake charles, la. maybe about a 2 hr drive...?

and hey, whilst there u could do a bit o' gambling, haha :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Actually, our local K-Mart (Northern MD) is pretty well stocked. Mostly costumes, but there are some nice ones in there - victorian, goth, pirate, whatever. Some fun, different props. They have the nice looking l'il butler with the caracature head (Same as Walgreens), and other general items. I'm not a big Mickey Mouse fan, but they have a very nice looking standing stuffed Mickey in a skeleton costume that we may get.
ALERT!!! Starting Sunday, K-Mart will have all LICENSED HALLOWEEN PROPS at 25% off. That means that you can pick up the Gemmy JASON VORHEES for $150.00!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Growing up, we only had a K Mart nearby, and I remember shopping for Halloween stuff there. Now where I live we have one of the last K Marts around and it's closing so NO HALLOWEEN STUFF! :(
Last year the Totally Ghoul line wasn't bad, I'll miss it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts