Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, anyone know where to purchase Jute Netting in the Los Angeles area? I want to drape it on my scarecrows and on the eves of my house. Any help would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Homedepot has giant 4x250 rolls.
do you know what they call it? I went to the HD website and did a search on "jute netting" and it couldn't find anything.

I had gotten some burlap type landscaping fabric from there, but it's not that long. It'd be nice to check out the jute and was just wondering where I'd find it there. I'll add it to my ever growing shopping list!

·
Haverghast Asylum warden.
800 Posts
I serched the homedepot site with no luck. Seeing that they only had 1 roll on an upper, self I'm guessing they do not sell very much. That might be the reason it's not listed on the site.

·
Registered
183 Posts
aaahhh...thanks! I guess I'll have to wander around and check, there's no telling what other goodies I might find in my quest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all, anyone know where to purchase Jute Netting in the Los Angeles area? I want to drape it on my scarecrows and on the eves of my house. Any help would be appreciated. :)
ONADIRA International Inc. $150 per 4'x225' roll. Frank is a great guy to deal with. Tell him Paul Nolin from The Fear Factory referred you, don't know if it will help, but it can't hurt!

·
Registered
432 Posts
On the same note- anyone have pictures of their house decorated with jute netting? I have a bunch and want to use it, but can't think of how it would fit in to our graveyard. Would it look good shredded and hung from the gutters? Or our graveyard fence? Anyone have some pictures or examples?

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I've never found it on the HD site, but they had it in the store. I got a 4' X 250' roll for ~$35 on clearance. They said they were going to discontinue the jute, hence the low price. I don't have any pics of it in use - this will be the first year. I plan to use it as ground cover on the driveway where I set up the display. The leaves I've used used in the past look good and I'll still use some, but sweeping them up at the end of the night is a serious chore.

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
It should be located in the garden section of your HD next to the landscaping fabric and UV sunshade material. I can PM you with the SKUs on Monday if you still need them.

·
Haverghast Asylum warden.
800 Posts
I've never found it on the HD site, but they had it in the store. I got a 4' X 250' roll for ~$35 on clearance. They said they were going to discontinue the jute, hence the low price. I don't have any pics of it in use - this will be the first year. I plan to use it as ground cover on the driveway where I set up the display. The leaves I've used used in the past look good and I'll still use some, but sweeping them up at the end of the night is a serious chore.
Wow! $35:eek: That is an amazing price. How many rolls did they have when you picked it up? Last I saw it was $60 something a roll. I think I'm going to check out homedepot this weekend.:D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jute netting

It should be located in the garden section of your HD next to the landscaping fabric and UV sunshade material. I can PM you with the SKUs on Monday if you still need them.
That would be great. I saw it at the Glendale HD store last year but didn't pick it up (stupid) but now everyone I ask in the stores (3 now) have no idea what I'm talking about. I think maybe I'll try HD Supply. There is a warehouse in L.A. i think.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Great picture examples of it in use would be the Spirit stores this year....They use it in the tree and ground cover scenes....I bought 7 packs of it while in Spirit but it is top dollar in there for all the more you get....It worked very well by placing card board boxes around the trees and then throwing the jute over that.....Also they had simple 1X2s going from one" tree" to another with jute thrown over top of that and it looked pretty cool....They didn't tear or cut it from what I could tell.....Check the pics in other areas here of Spirit to get the best idea.....I'm going to use a big piece of camo netting on the side of the building and just throw sections of the jute long ways over the roof edge....Also where the cemetery is, I want to build a frame of a box out of 1x2s for the foggers so I can hide them under the camo/jute without having to worry about the heat....ZR

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
Here are the HD skus for the jute errosion control. The awesome 900 sq ft roll reg $69.75 clearanced at $35 is 918162. The replacement is 140sq ft for $29.75 355993. Neither sku shows up on homedepot.com?!?...but you can call your local depot and ask the phone operator to check the store system for qtys on either sku.

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
I can get you the UPC and Mfg codes on Saturday for the replacement 140sq ft package. If the stores you called about the clearance sku don't have it in their system, it would indicate that they either sold out 90+ days ago or they never had it in the store to begin with and it dropped out of their store system when the sku went inactive.

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
Hey walkingcorpse, I called 6 different HD and they all told me that those skus are not found at all. Not even listed as out of stock. Just number not found.

One of the operators asked me if I could find the MPC #. Do you think you have that # handy? Thanks.
The errosion control currently carried is Slope Saver Pro 4'x35' UPC 811000084354 It is manufactured by earthaid www.earthaid.com The HD vendor# is 70000028 Valencia Pipe Company(?) 28303 Industry Drive Valencia, CA 91355 (661) 257-3923 That's really all the information I have. I can see that all stores in the SF Bay Area currently carry it. If you shoot me a PM I can look for individual stores in your area by location.-WC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts