Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently displayed some images of a pumpkin character we just completed. Well the client ran into a snag with one of his prop ideas (another company was already offering the same concept), so he needed something new. So, being resourceful I suggested that the pumpkin have something coming out of its mouth, instead of its head. What better than a mutated nightcrawler? Here are a few picts. 6ft in length, will be molded in two sections and seamed together during fabrication.

Thanks for looking,

Jim
Out of the Dark Studio

HERE ARE SOME UPDATED PICTURES

The pumpkin skin had a few defects in it so we decided to paint it as if it were rotting. The worm will be attached to a cylinder that will thrust it out of the pumpkin's mouth.

Thanks for looking,

Jim
Out of the Dark Studio

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Ok, not appropriate but, my first thought was, damn that's a lot of forskin!

Now seriously, that is going into a pumpkins mouth? How big is this pumpkin?!

What is the length of your class? Is it a year long course? These things are fantastic for just a semester. Is this a second part class or advanced? These are movie studio lvl props. Great work once again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Worm

The pumpkin is 6ft tall by 5 1/2 ft wide. The nightcrawler is about 37 inches in diameter and 6ft long. Only the front section of the pumpkin will be coming out of the mouth, so about 3ft of it.

*NOTE: The pumpkin and the nightcrawler are projects done by me and a group of talented guys from this area (as is the case with the Critter post and the Rocking Chair post) The posts that are signed off at the end with IN THE DARK STUDIOS is stuff done by me, not the students. All other BHSFX items are 100% student work.

Class meets 2 hours everyday for 36 weeks, and believe it or not - students pay $30.00 for the year.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
218 Posts
ok first I have to say very,very nice. I have to say it makes me want to bang my head into a wall a few time since all I can do with clay is a poor looking baseball.........lol Where are the classes at(state)?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Classes

Berea, Ohio Just a short drive from where you're at. Come by and take a visit/tour.

Jim

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am going to have to do that. Send me a pm and let me know what days and times that are good so I can see if I can make it out there.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts