Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I posted in another thread my BIG party last weekend was a HUGE bust. I was very upset. Then, the weather gods decide that it would be cool to dump more rain and wind then we have seen in over 40 years on Halloween this year. So after taking down most of my outside items late last night ( thank goodness) I started to walk around my house taking down even more. I did not even bother to take pictures this year I was so bummed out.

One area is a mad scientist sort of thing and I have some real lab equipment. One piece I have had for about four years is a real defibrillator. It does not work but its cool to look at. Well tonight I walked by it and realized there was a small green light on the front. it said BATTERY CHARGING ! I thought NO FRACKIN WAY, so I flipped the switch and ITS ALIVE !! I could not believe it. It appears that this year not only did I put the battery pack in, just for safe keeping since I thought it was dead, but my son left the main power on to the power strip after the party and just turned all the other pieces off one at a time. So it has been CHARGING since last Saturday ! Well I am now the proud owner of a working..and possibly dangerous defibrillator. It would appear ONE good thing came out of this Halloween I am including a few photos.

DEFIB IS ALIVE COLLAGE.jpg

·
Registered
307 Posts
Give me the model and make of your defibrillator. The company I work for sells nurse call equipment. During equipment tests, we have to send fake signals, including a heartbeat that flat lines, so it will give off a code and activate the nursecall system. I'll ask tomorrow how this is done and maybe it will work for yours.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joven76 that is very cool. I always wondered how they test certain things, It is a Hewlett Packard ( seriously ? ) Model 43100A Serial # 2601A04254. Any help would be very appreciated so i do not have to strap my oldest son down and use his REAL heartbeat.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's probably some kind of software and the right cable to plug into the machine, but I'll ask tomorrow.[/B]

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well, here's what I was able to find out. This system can be used as an ECG by using the paddles or ECG cables that are hooked up to the machine. In order to fool the system that it believes a human is hooked up to it, you would have to use a patient simulator in conjunction with the ECG cables. That's what we use here.

Doing a bit more research, I found out this is a very old model and they don't even manufacture parts for it any more. A website called www.dotmed.com was suggested to me. You might be able to find something there, or at least find someone to ask where to find a compatible patient simulator and ECG cables if you need them.

Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much. I have found a SERVICE manual and it mentions some specific models of ECG simulators. I will start my search now.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
That's really cool Woodsy! Great you found it works first of all and second if you can get the test pattern working, even better. I had no idea there was a demo mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts