Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at a garage sale today and picked up a working shiatzu neck massager for $2.00. Now I can find the threads with all the ideas on how to use one. HELP!!! Please...

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
First off Tumblindice, nice buy. I've been reading posts here and thinking I might want to pick one up cheap too. Do a search for "spider victim". There were some threads under Props and under Step-by-Step Tutorials recently on an animated spider victim that uses a shiatsu to create the movement of the victim. Nice project. I think I saw a few different methods. Might also want to do a search for "shiatsu" and see if other projects come up.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I've been looking for those threads as well. I got my thrift store shiatsu a few weeks ago.

I remember someone posting video of an INCREDIBLE ground-breaker over a year or two back. It was before things were neatly organized into tutorials. Maybe that poster is still here?

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
That was probably one of Madmax's groundbreaker zombies. He's been in prison for a couple of years now, but somehow some of his video links still work. Ghosts, maybe?
Anyway, I hope he gets out soon. We need him back here!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I did a real easy ground breaker - I had two pieces of PVC pipe about 2 - 2 1/2 feet long attached to the 'massagers', had chichen wire for the frame of the body (waist up) used pool noodles for the arms, taped 'zombie' hands on, had a small beach ball for the head with a mask on it, hooded sweat shirt.

Real simple, looked REALLY Cool!!

·
crossfit zombie
7,580 Posts
I am working on a standing massager zombie right now.He is ready to go just need to try him out.was wanting to do it today but it's raining and the pole I need to attach him to is on the porch.
I did the grave grabber zombie a video is in my blog.The hardest part to do on it was getting the adjustments right so he didn't flail like a wild turkey.Hubby did that one but the standing one was so simple I was able to do it by myself.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just got a shiatsu today at goodwill! Cant wait to make sumthin. They had two so I might buy another if I like how this does.

·
Master of my own Universe
975 Posts
I have made two shiatsu groundbreakers so far and have another shiatsu to make a third.

I can, if there is enough interest, put together a tutorial, but please bear in mind that shiatsu's come in different shapes so there may be different results.

There are two types of groundbreaker, one would be just the zombie, with head and arm moving, the other is the breakout zombie, similar to that in Rookie's post.

before I start putting the how to together would it be an idea to get a poll going on what type of groundbreaker you guys want to build ??

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Madmax was the grandpappy of the shiatu and other thrifty throw away recycling props and if you "search" his links on this forum, you will find many interesting prop ideas. However, there are many , such as the Spooky Sam's grave escape above ( which I copied his instructions during a Fl. Haunters Make and take) and the Dark Gardner's Spider Vic,
( that Hamm and I based our own spider vic on - see tutorial section).

Its all about what you want and finding out what that little machine will do for ya.

I suggest the basic grave escape or ground breaking zombie - as a learning prop.
It is simple enough, but does take a bit of "setting" the plumber's hang tape to the correct
positioning to keep it "smooth" and from jerking around. Ofcourse, jerking around does
have its effect. But too much jerking sends your machine askew or jams the movement.
Length of your PVC armiture makes a difference too as does weight of your "head".
So I suggest something simple as your first. zombie or grave guys are easiest to assemble and easiest to dress out in my opinion.

I even did just a zombie Hands coming out of the grave version ..no torso or head. Just
hands flailing. Pretty simple.
The spidervic was more complicated ( especially to dress out like I wanted)
I want to try a standing shaitu - again a bit more complicated depending on how you do it.
( shiatu at the foot area or from the waist area)
I have 3 spares shiatu's just waiting to be built on . Ah....but there are other projects to do before getting back to shiatu's.

They are great fun to build and very easy way to get animatation.
especially if you are like me, and do not know much about motors and solonoids and gears voltage etc. ....good luck and looking forward to seeing all the new shiatu builds that will be posting soon !

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I have made two shiatsu groundbreakers so far and have another shiatsu to make a third.

I can, if there is enough interest, put together a tutorial, but please bear in mind that shiatsu's come in different shapes so there may be different results.

There are two types of groundbreaker, one would be just the zombie, with head and arm moving, the other is the breakout zombie, similar to that in Rookie's post.

before I start putting the how to together would it be an idea to get a poll going on what type of groundbreaker you guys want to build ??
I definately want to know how to do the break-out zombie in the crate. I have two shiatsus...one is the original Shiatsu back when they cost big $$ and the other is a knock-off version but very close in the way it's made.

·
Master of my own Universe
975 Posts
Had a brainstorm during a thunderstorm yesterday ..lol

The build for the groundbreaker and the breakout zombie are basically the same except for the addition of the crate/box for the breakout zombie.

So, this weekend I will be building and documenting the groundbreaker build for an how to, and then adding the crate/box how to the following weekend.

After that I will start working on the build for the spider victim and other builds for shaistu's

That way everyone will get covered :D

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Had a brainstorm during a thunderstorm yesterday ..lol

The build for the groundbreaker and the breakout zombie are basically the same except for the addition of the crate/box for the breakout zombie.

So, this weekend I will be building and documenting the groundbreaker build for an how to, and then adding the crate/box how to the following weekend.

After that I will start working on the build for the spider victim and other builds for shaistu's

That way everyone will get covered :D
Thanks Herman....I need to get rolling on this one myself and you do a great job with your tutorials

·
crossfit zombie
7,580 Posts
Madmax was the grandpappy of the shiatu and other thrifty throw away recycling props and if you "search" his links on this forum, you will find many interesting prop ideas. However, there are many , such as the Spooky Sam's grave escape above ( which I copied his instructions during a Fl. Haunters Make and take) and the Dark Gardner's Spider Vic,
( that Hamm and I based our own spider vic on - see tutorial section).

Its all about what you want and finding out what that little machine will do for ya.

I suggest the basic grave escape or ground breaking zombie - as a learning prop.
It is simple enough, but does take a bit of "setting" the plumber's hang tape to the correct
positioning to keep it "smooth" and from jerking around. Ofcourse, jerking around does
have its effect. But too much jerking sends your machine askew or jams the movement.
Length of your PVC armiture makes a difference too as does weight of your "head".
So I suggest something simple as your first. zombie or grave guys are easiest to assemble and easiest to dress out in my opinion.

I even did just a zombie Hands coming out of the grave version ..no torso or head. Just
hands flailing. Pretty simple.
The spidervic was more complicated ( especially to dress out like I wanted)
I want to try a standing shaitu - again a bit more complicated depending on how you do it.
( shiatu at the foot area or from the waist area)
I have 3 spares shiatu's just waiting to be built on . Ah....but there are other projects to do before getting back to shiatu's.

They are great fun to build and very easy way to get animatation.
especially if you are like me, and do not know much about motors and solonoids and gears voltage etc. ....good luck and looking forward to seeing all the new shiatu builds that will be posting soon !

I would love to see the hands how to.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
I would love to see the hands how to.

The "Hands" are just pvc, and laxtex caulk over a cardboard palm shape and with wire fingers that have cotton balls for joints. attached them to a shaitu massager. Black long sleeved t-shirt.
I set a foam skull head on a stick behind it. LOL. For Demo purposes.
I threw some red mulch on it to dirty it up. and just lit it up with a flashlight for this demo. The real deal will have probably a different head and lighting and will be in front of a tombstone. A couple Pics and a vid.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Ha ! Ha! A friend of mine, Brushe, (on this forum) just suggested that I hang the creepy hands on a wall. Hummmm. I think its a great idea Brushe ! THANKS ! May make another for the Bathroom. LOL !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts