Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This made my evening

Hey, I was just talking with my fiance about memorable childhood experiences and your name popped up. When I was a kid my best friend and I made a point to come out to visit every March for our birthdays, and I've got to say that the influence your house had on me was just as potent as any sports team, favorite class, or field trip. Growing up in a conservative family, your style and joy for weirdness lead me to want to explore beyond myself and eventually harbored a love for Danzig, Svenghoulie, and all things kind of wrong. I will always think of Raven's Grin when I hear the song "Love Shack." Thanks for sharing your weirdness with others. Can't wait to visit again, Margret

·
Registered
441 Posts
How touching! It would be wonderful if more people went out of their way to let strangers know how they've positively affected them.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I so love when people are kind and thoughtful and do something like this out of the blue. While your haunt may be something she remembers for as long as she lives, I bet her post to you will be something you will remember for just as long.

Thanks for sharing. Made my day too.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I have always thought there should be more communication back and forth when we realize that something kind of different, unique was created for us by the energy and mind of another.
Her "Love Shack" reference was about a silly video I used to show sometimes to people as we would spend time in the first room waiting for possibly some other people to arrive.
The video was filmed at night with me holding a female mannequin standing in front of the small chicken coop in my backyard. "Love Shack" was playing.
Next a "Happy Accident " happened as I turned to walk into the coop the mannequin came apart at the waist and the lower half fell to the ground. I stopped, looked into the camera and said, "Which half do I Really want?" Then I shrugged, turned, walked into the coop, still with her upper half in my arms.
The whole time I am wearing an Afro wig. (Looking like Arlo Guthrie?)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Weird" is much of my fun. Today as my Wife and I were talking about some celebritys I told her how boring it might be as a TV or movie actor, waiting for everything to get set up, checked out, ready, say just a very few words, sit down, wait another hour to say a few more words (As I have seen it happen this way on the set of a TV movie/ show)
I would much rather have it just the way it is for me, I see and talk to a small room full of people and do and say pretty much whatever pops up inside my brain, no writers, sponsors, backers making "Suggestions" or needing to acquire script approval from any one.
A couple came here last night , both "House Virgins", and were they FUN! They actually "got" every joke or nuiance and laughed so nicely, sometimes it was sort of a guilty laugh, sometimes a laugh that would not be surpressed, no matter what they tried to do with it.
I told how some very elderly man stopped me on the street and confessed:"I would really like to see the inside of your house, but my Wife won't let me because your house has a Bad reputation." Possibly 100 years ago this was a brothel...but think how old those girls would be Now! Maybe we could bang our wheelchairs together? I hope we don't get the spokes tangled up?"
"Get the garden hose out! Hosem down, break them up!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts