Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i can say is...WOW!
This is a simply amazing mask and the detail is so realistic it's unbelievable :D.
If you were wondering whats custom about it well it's got a cross burnt into the forehead. It came so quickly aswell :).
Thanks so much Rusty
-Josh

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Agreed, WTD...Rusty's work is amazing, and must be even more awesome to see "in the flesh" so to speak.
Not hijacking the thread, but I just wanted to say a quick public "Thankyou" to Rusty as well, as I recently used some pictures of his great and incredibly detailed "Vampire" mask to help fashion the head and face of my new "Dracula Bat" figure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry terra i don't have any pics up as of yet but i'll probably take some later on and i'll be sure to post them! :p. This was a big plunge for me and i think it was worth every penny! And to Baron, no worries, it's ok if it's for rusty ;).

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I was just looking at silicone masks last night (cfx)

can you coment on the wearability?
comfort and heat?
Fit around eyes?

saw a clip on you tube. a guy got one he said was too big. slid down his face.

will you be posting a clip of you wearing it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After getting used to it, (having it on for 10 mins or so) it is very comfortable, you may sweat a bit, but that is kind of expected :p. May get a little hot, depending on the temperature of the room or the weather. You can wear it for quite long periods of time, depending on how comfortable it is for you in the first place. The fit around the eyes for me is fine, it impairs vision ever so slightly but thats just minor. I put black eye face paint around my eyes to help it blend in a bit, as my skin colour looked a but stupid against the colour of the vampire, and it looks obvious that you're wearing a mask up close. The guy on youtube (KingHuman i'm guessing) is completely biased and i wouldn't go on what he says, and he's just one person anyway. I think spfxmasks are better than cfx because cfx masks are a bit too thin and i don't think they have reinforced mesh (so can easily break) and spfxmasks are way more realistic (with the veining etc..). I highly recommend you take the plunge as they are worth every penny, and could be a great investment for you. I probably will post a video or two in the next few days (username scared75). I'll try and get some pictures up on here ASAP as soon as i can find out how to do it :p. Cheers

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I really like the sculpt of cfx's Imp character.

spfx, I really like Sarge. but he is like $800 with eyebrows.

not sure if I like the super realism of a spfx regular head or Imp creature from cfx

·
Registered
74 Posts
WOW!! That is awesome! Have you worn it out and about yet? HAHA would love to see the looks on peoples places if you were to go into Mc Donalds and order some food. Haha Congrats! How long did you save up for this mask? or did you just get it kinda out of the blue?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've worn it around the house but thats about it. I don't like McDonalds, so won't go there but i can do it somewhere else i guess :p. I'm only 15 so getting money is hard, i had to save up for about half a year altogether, and still needed money from my parents, lol. I'll keep this for a few months or so and probably sell it so i can get a more realistic one, like the elder or player :D.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to let you know everyone, i have a quick youtube vid up, to show you wearing me it, just a little preview. Go to my username 'scared75' and look for it, i only have 4 vids so won't be hard :p. I will post a video (with better lighting) soon of me putting it on, but for now you'll just have to wait :)

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Josh, I think that ROCKS!!! You look fabulous, well worth the price, you'll get years and years of use out of that. Love the long black coat, too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts