Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 days until Halloween and I am feeling overwhelmed. The weather forecast keeps changing from rain to no rain back to rain. The forecast changes 2-3 times a day. This is also probably the last year at this house before we buy a new home. Which means I really have to organize props for the move when that day comes. Along with windy weather and the garage being all unorganized with boxes of decorations that have been pulled out and readied, I am about to explode. Plus my other half has boycotted my idea of offering full size candy bars this year (even though she let me spend thousands on props over the last 2 years).

But there's a point to this thread and it's this:

Just breathe! We will all get through it. We have done it before. My haunt is huge (in my opinion), but I'll get er done and you will too!

So everyone inhale and exhale slowly, and don't get too worked up like I am. If we don't keep calm and haunt on we will be the most realistic prop in our displays!

We are what makes this holiday something special for kids and adults alike. Our displays will be burned into the memories of children everywhere. They will be the basis of stories that start like this "When I was little there was this one house that was decked out for Halloween and it scared the __out of me."

We are creating memories on Thursday.....WE ARE SPARTA! (Wait, wrong motivational speech). Anyway,

Best of luck to you all and Godspeed!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, thanks for the amazing outpouring of support. No more forum motivational speeches for me.

·
Registered
826 Posts
That was seriously helpful...I kind of forgot about most of the reasons why I like to put up my display!
Thank-you!
But I'm still mad about the forecast, ha ha...
Me trying to be optimistic is saying that next year, Halloween falls on a Friday. The year after, it is on Saturday. So that's a little ray of light for me.
Two Halloweekends in a row to come
!

·
Registered
606 Posts
*CHEERS AND CLAPS*:D

I'm late to the pep rally, but I really do appreciate it!

It's ON! Let's do this thang! BRING IT! WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!

ps It rained today after weeks of 80 degree weather.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
You know the best thing about Halloween? If this one doesn't turn out like you plan (and it never does) you get another chance next year! No stress, no worries - just enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts