Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dish washer just died, so most people would think garbage. I think..."what parts could I strip from this baby for Halloween?" So, it's likely just the electronics. Are there any mechanical parts that I covert to usage in props, like motors or such?

Brian

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
I always remove all of those little white pulleys that the dishwasher rack rails ride on. They come in handy if you build a lot of animated/mechanical props like I do.
They're just held in place by one screw in the middle.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
You could probably save the solenoid if you wanted to re-use it with a spitter or vomitting prop. If you had a mad lab, serial killer or butcher theme you could grunge up the whole dishwasher and re-use it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh Dishwashers are an excellent source of high quality SS hardware. If you own a boat or know someone that does there is always a need for SS nuts/bolts and screws and it's super expensive for the good stuff.

As mentioned the pulleys are really cool. I know someone that made a neat train using them for the wheels.

The silverware holders are killer for holding random things around the house or garden and again if you know someone who is a fisherman these things make the best bait/scent jar holders.

The racks also have a lot of uses, I like to use one to hold items I am painting. The hundreds of little fingers hold any odd shape with minimal touch points. Bend the unnecessary prongs down a fraction of an inch so you don't get a bed of nails look.

Ok, there you go new prop idea...get a couple of racks and make a bed of nails!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, my father-in-law has just claimed all the SS, since I don't have a need for it. Plus, he's just keeping it around, so I need it I can borrow it back. I have it out, so tomorrow i start taking it apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts