Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do a thread for each month that way if people wanted to look back thur they can find what the wanted to see a bit easier

For the month of June we have STEAMPUNK

this is about being creative and seeing what everyone comes up with its not a contest just to have fun. maybe even doing something you never tried before :) share ideas post up in progress or finished projects this will be fun :)

the months to come list are

JUNE- STEAMPUNK
JULY- HALLOWEEN CLOCK
AUGUST- CREEPY CANDLE HOLDER / OR LIGHT
SEPT- PAPER MACHE
OCT- WITCH ITEMS/ SPELL BOOKS
NOV- PUMPKINS
DEC- DAY OF THE DEAD

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kelloween it looks fantastic. You did so great.

Yep it's still may lol

I have a bunch of goodies gears and stuff waiting on before I start :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like some of my goodies may come today yaa .got some cool wood gears I can paint

hopefully with all the stuff coming I can get something creative going to look *** cool as kelloweens box :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So here's what I got plus the other little doodads I found around the house.
Saki, if you hate them when I'm done you really don't have to put them in your garden. Haha ....seriously, it won't upset me :)
I am sure I will love them :) cant wait to see what you create. I am stopping at joans today need some paint going to see what I can start creating :) still waiting on a few items but can get doing on the mail body :)

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Oh my goodness guys. I am loving how my birdhouses are turning out. I was really nervous being my first attempt at steampubk but it's turning out to be so fun. I'm not worried anymore Saki, I think you will like them :)

They are not done by far but I do have all the pieces figured out. What kind of glue would be best? Gluing metal to wood? I got outdoor decoupage for my papers but what about metal and wood? And can I spray it with regular clear coat? Don't want anything falling off.

Attachments

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that looks kick *** so far girl. i only got one thing painted LOL and still need to go get glue sticks LOL

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the metal and wood you can spray with regular clear coat as cool as it is looking so far not sure I will put outside don't want no bird popping on them LOL or them getting dirty LOL they rock and I think will find a great place in my house :)

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
The birdhouses are coming out great!

I have been gathering items for my steampunk project - a contraption for the mad lab. So far I have a few spare plumbing parts, some clear tubes, an aluminum funnel, floral wire, a cardboard insert, a can, part of a canning lid, and a little spring out of a pen. We have had some plumbing replaced in our upstairs shower and I asked to keep anything that was coming out. The cardboard insert came from the box holding our new garbage disposer, and I think the center part kind of looks like a gear. I plan to paint it silver, and then rust it up with brown, black and orange paint sponged onto it. The hardest part is keeping other family members from throwing out/recycling this stuff come trash day. :eek:

Found a couple more things at an estate sale today - metal drain covers - and got so excited
I did my whole project. It is sort of "steampunk" using found metal items, but it is also something I can use in my mad lab this year.

1 - 20 of 304 Posts