Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the jumping spider on sale. It says it can be triggered by sound, motion or footpad. The switch has on, off or footpad. The motion sensor does not work. Is there some other adjustment? The footpad works well. I have to say it is pretty scary.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
First - can you replace it at the store where you bought it? Spirit has a good return policy up until mid October.
There are no other adjustments besides the on/off/footpad switch.
If you can't replace it, have you checked leads? I've fixed a few Tekky props by resoldering loose wires.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Mine had a similar problem and after turning it on and off 8-10 time in a row (just a little frustrated) it began working.
I got 2 after Halloween at Spenser's a few years ago for $10 each. They are awesome in our spider terror/encounter.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Keep in mind that with this prop it uses a light sensor. So in total darkness it will not trigger. Shine a flashlight on the sensor to check to see if it's truly not working. I ended up using a more complex method of a micro controller and infrared sensor to trigger mine, but there are threads in this forum that show how people have hacked a motion sensor to work with their props.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bought one at spirit for $40 and it is sound activated not motion and Im triggering it using a $13.00 PIR from harbor freight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts