Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon fellow haunters. After doing much research, and spending a few hours trying to talk myself out of it, i've decided im going to attempt my first "from scratch" halloween prop - a Ground Breaker.

So, with that said - I have a general idea of how to go about making him, as far as things needed and such. I am in the process of stocking my "workshop" with materials. I am going to base my breaker on the ones found over at spookyblue website (which is a good read) but if anyone has some advice or ideas, im all ears. I know its a learn as you go experience, but if theres any "i learned the hard way" advice anyone can give.. that would be great.

Once i get the shop stocked, ill begin posting pics as my breaker develops. Thanks in advance for any advice...and for everyone who posts on these forms to inspire a rookie :)

·
Registered
12,918 Posts
Well my advice is to do just that , and JUMP IN!
You will get some great advice form the many talented people here, but the best thing to do is just get in there and do it. The best props I find just sort of evolve while you are working on them. Have fun!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I also have some larger projects in mind. Building an alien autopsy table, with alien, that shakes on trigger. Also building a wolf out of one of those animated deer, with an open/close lower jaw, and LEDs for eyes.

My approach for these larger projects has been try various elements of my project on smaller projects first. So in short I have been working on making PP molds, sculpting, painting, and small electronic projects. With each project complete I feel I get a little better at each element and more confident that I wont make any major mistakes on my big project.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I think you have the right idea by starting with a groundbreaker. It's a wise choice because it gives you a chance to experiment with various construction and modelling techniques on a decent sized, but not over large prop, and they invariably look effective.

as everybody else has said, you'll get plenty of good help and advice here if you get stuck, so jump right in and enjoy!!

Best of luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts