Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this thread just to give people a heads up on our next months project get they creativity flowing:)
For the month of July is Halloween Clock

this is about being creative and seeing what everyone comes up with its not a contest just to have fun. maybe even doing something you never tried before share ideas post up in progress or finished projects this will be fun

the months to come list are

JULY- HALLOWEEN CLOCK
AUGUST- CREEPY CANDLE HOLDER / OR LIGHT
SEPT- PAPER MACHE
OCT- WITCH ITEMS/ SPELL BOOKS
NOV- PUMPKINS
DEC- DAY OF THE DEAD

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Okay, I wanna jump in on this, and I hope this isn't seen as a derail.

I know most people that make Halloween-themed clocks make them with a standard 12 hour face, or occasionally with a 13th hour for fun.

That isn't what I want.

I feel the market for really nice Halloween countdown clocks or calendars is limited. I have always wanted a gothic wall clock with a face that had 31 hours, something with nice decorative elements. A single hand would get moved once a day, until on the 31st, the hand is straight up vertical, in the usual noon/midnight position.

Having it backlit or something would be a nice element.

Better yet would be a clock that ran automatically, a clock that completed one rotation around the face in a 31 day cycle. I don't know if that is possible. I know nothing about clock making, refurbishing, etc.

EDIT- I did find month clocks, and I notice that they operate as normal clocks, with minute and hour hands, but the long sweep arm usually reserved for seconds is converted to a much slower day hand. I have no idea how to make something like this. Here is a link to clockparts.com, and specifically the month clock face.
http://www.clockparts.com/clock-part/d1118-31ir/c/gs/?gclid=CKb3nPbrhr8CFUFrfgodRkYAsw

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
How much of a makeover is expected? I have a clock so recently purchased from GW it's still in my car, and it needs a minor makeover. I would be happy to play if small tweaks are permitted.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Okay, I wanna jump in on this, and I hope this isn't seen as a derail.

I know most people that make Halloween-themed clocks make them with a standard 12 hour face, or occasionally with a 13th hour for fun.

That isn't what I want.

I feel the market for really nice Halloween countdown clocks or calendars is limited. I have always wanted a gothic wall clock with a face that had 31 hours, something with nice decorative elements. A single hand would get moved once a day, until on the 31st, the hand is straight up vertical, in the usual noon/midnight position.

Having it backlit or something would be a nice element.

Better yet would be a clock that ran automatically, a clock that completed one rotation around the face in a 31 day cycle. I don't know if that is possible. I know nothing about clock making, refurbishing, etc.

EDIT- I did find month clocks, and I notice that they operate as normal clocks, with minute and hour hands, but the long sweep arm usually reserved for seconds is converted to a much slower day hand. I have no idea how to make something like this. Here is a link to clockparts.com, and specifically the month clock face.
http://www.clockparts.com/clock-part/d1118-31ir/c/gs/?gclid=CKb3nPbrhr8CFUFrfgodRkYAsw

They also sell the innards to go with the 31 day clock face. Innards

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much of a makeover is expected? I have a clock so recently purchased from GW it's still in my car, and it needs a minor makeover. I would be happy to play if small tweaks are permitted.
you can do as much or as little as you want it is all up to you :)
love to have you join in on this :)

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:)Can we do the "Countdown Clock" as Spats suggested rather than a traditional haunted clock? I have an outdoor haunt (just my porch and yard) so doing a haunted clock wouldn't really work for me, but a countdown clock that I can have outside to count down the days to Halloween would be loverly! :D

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Awwww I sat out Steampunk, because I don't really have a need for that decor. Now I'm gonna have to pass on this one because I focused last summer on making a huge countdown clock and I really don't need anymore! LOL (sad face) I do want to make a Disney Mansion inspired grandfather clock... but don't have time this year.
May I just share a pic of my clock project from last year?! I'm awfully proud of it! :)

best (4).jpg

Good luck to all of you in July's challenge! I have to go look at what is on deck for August. :D

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:)Can we do the "Countdown Clock" as Spats suggested rather than a traditional haunted clock? I have an outdoor haunt (just my porch and yard) so doing a haunted clock wouldn't really work for me, but a countdown clock that I can have outside to count down the days to Halloween would be loverly! :D
yep you sure can and kind of clock you want :)

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Hilda, that is wonderful! Love it! I also am intrigued by the other ideas for countdown clocks. This is so much fun to see what other come up with.

I have a clock I want to do, just hope to have time and can come up with something to do with it. There are a couple of easy things I can do to a clock I picked up a few months back, but I hope to find something more.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I am going to help you out Hilda. You can send me your clock thus creating a need for you to join in this month :)
The generosity of the members here is wonderful! LOL ;) You are too kind!

Hilda, that is wonderful! Love it! I also am intrigued by the other ideas for countdown clocks. This is so much fun to see what other come up with.
Thank you! :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not sure I can change the face of my clock I want to use cause don't thing I can get front off with out braking but will see. :)

1 - 20 of 160 Posts