Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made a replica of the original Halloween Judith Myers tombstone? I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything. Found a place online that will make replicas but it's 60 bucks. Any idea what would be the best way to do it?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ouch!!! $60.00 bucks?? You can go to Goodwill and get an electric carving knife and a block of Styrofoam from Lowes for less than that!!! I'd start practicing my carving skills myself! Lol. I hope some of the great tombstone makers chime in . . . sorry I didn't have any real help but I do feel your pain. :eek:

GiggleingGhost . . . aka . . . GG

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've ordered some hot knives in hopes making this, among other tombstones. I'll hop back on this thread when I get it done to show how it turned out, probably in a month or so.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check the tombstone tutorials. It is not difficult. You need to be able to draw and cut a straight line and arcs, use a small file and sand paper and a hot knife, use templates for lettering, use art projector for the shape or freehand it, and paint the result as instructed.

Have you ever done any woodworking? These are generally made of foam, not wood, but many of the skills are transferable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts