Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JOANN Fabrics has some halloween items on clearance and thru tonight they have some nice coupon and ship offers too. I have their app and get their emails which will have even better coupon offers sometimes. Yesterday ordered online some halloween garland and two pairs of 6-inch dragon googly eyes. The garland shipped out today. I also picked up In-Store 2 of their red Christmas 48inch tree/garland bags to store my new garland in and 4 black and white trees that I got from Grandinroad this past year. Those were in store only and luckily my store still had some in stock. Noticed they also still have listed the bone candelabras that Saki.girl inspired me to buy on sale around Halloween time. Recall they had some of the skeleton animals and skulls. Actually quite a variety of merchandise for halloween available. Worth checking out.

www.joann.com

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I ended up getting a bunch of garlands and some stuff I was on the fence abnout because it was so cheap. JA's proces are just not good unless everythi ng is on crazy sale.

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lilibat, Be careful opening up the box of garland! My package from them just showed up today. My dragon eyes shipped separately and won't get here until next week. I did not realize the garland had glitter on it and when moving the box got it on my door mat. Seemed to come all out when I shook the mat outside on the lawn however and didn't end up with any on my hands which was nice. I transferred the garland to my garland storage bag so will deal with it later. You can't tell from the photo here but it had a glint to it so was dark but sparkly. Didn't look closely at it as I was kind of in shock (hubby hates glitter and I was thinking I'm in trouble here!) but thinking maybe it was a black glitter of some kind. Don't recall the online description saying anything about it, just black plastic twigs.

Oh and Joann's shipping reminds me my experience with Kmart (and somewhat with Target). It came in a really oversized box with no filler at all. So the box shipped by Fed Ex and handed off to USPS was really banged up and had a slit in one side. Being flexible I think they could have put the garland in something like a 16 in sq box or so and wound it around the interior. Shipping on my end wasn't bad though. I have had breakables arrived damaged due to their packaging from Joann's in the past and when I called to report it, mentioned how badly it was packaged and not surprised it arrived broken. They were nice about crediting me for it but they sold out so wasn't able to get what I wanted so that was a bummer. I see can nothing has changed in shipping. Hope all your items arrive safely.

Here's a close up of the glint:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yeah I was like, glitter what? It's OK though because I have a use for them. Yeah they came in a box loose. I also got some of the bone candle holders which I just realized I haven't checked for damage.

Glitter everywhere, good lord.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts