Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Friend of mine is selling off some of his masks, and I thought you guys might be interested.

http://alphacentauri2.info/index.php?topic=16613.0

I'm trying to get them over here to answer questions anyone might have, but I can probably field a few as well.

(pics link to the specific posts)

They are looking for a flat $25 ea, but have some unpainted blanks for $15 as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, all. I'm BU, the paper mache' actual mask-making half of the collaboration; my sister Mylochka does the painting, which tends to be the more impressive/creative half. There's a certain amount of mere craft-not-art once I've designed a face and am making impressions, but the decoration she brings to it makes each unique, and always creative.

Thanks to UnO for getting this rolling - he's a good friend, and I note that I have to face him if we don't deal squarely with people here.

We're not currently making anything new, but she's got bills to pay, and I'll try to get up the best pictures we have of what's finished and on-hand. Mylochka will be handling the actual transactions via Paypal - contact details forthcoming when I pry them out of her. I believe we've got plenty of time to mail masks -this is not some complex warehouse business, just a couple of artists looking to make some money back- but of course, the window of opportunity for that before Halloween is finite, so sooner would be better at your end.

Only thought of doing this a few days ago, so please pardon the ad-hoc presentation. I've individual pics of everything available, but only few really slick photos to share. Here's one:

evil_eye_dod_mask_02_by_jkstudio1-d4cblhv.jpg

I'll try to check back by regularly to post more individual masks and answer questions and whatnot...

·
Registered
4 Posts
^The above blue DotD mask is already gone.^

UnO tells me this is the wrong time of the year for Halloween aficionados to be shopping, so I'd rather do it right than Tuesday and will put off posting this and that until it's ready.

What follows is masks on hand that I already have slick-presentation photos of. All are paper mache masks. Painted with acrylics. Sealed with a matte finish. Partially lined with felt.

Green Day of the Dead Mask
green_day_of_the_dead_mask_by_jkstudio1-d4cbkhh.jpg

Candy Skull Mask
candy_skull_mask_by_jkstudio1-d4cbfm4.jpg

Red Oni Mask
red_oni_mask_by_jkstudio1-d4ccomu.jpg

Heart of the Jungle Mask
heart_of_the_jungle_mask_by_jkstudio1-d4d49wn.jpg

(Both Heart of the Jungle masks are based on backgrounds of a Frida Kahlo painting, I believe. Mylochka's a fan of her work.)

Heart of the Jungle Mask 02
heart_of_the_jungle_mask_02_by_jkstudio1-d4d4z8e.jpg

There's a lot more, presented in rawer form, in the AC2 project thread UnO linked in the OP, and more to come as we get the rest of the masks photographed.

I have been checking by daily here to answer any questions and discuss -what artist doesn't want to talk about the work? Nothing to do with selling, I don't mind a little conversation...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts